PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708
Glad you didn't get a WP7, I don't see why there's so much hype on this board about that platform. I have great dislike for Apple, but I would quickly get an iPhone before WP7.

Sent from my Touch Pro2 using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Upgrade Suggestions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae18708 View Post
Glad you didn't get a WP7, I don't see why there's so much hype on this board about that platform. I have great dislike for Apple, but I would quickly get an iPhone before WP7.

i dont see why theres so much hate on this board about that platform (and the internet in general towards MS), MS isnt in this to lose and they arent playing around. once mango arrives it will really evolve and kick a$$ especially with the IE9 mobile thats coming soon which is going to be like the IE9 on PC which rules by the way. it certainly will be better than all the other mobile browsers out there, and he couldnt get a WP7 anyway as they are not yet available on VZW but if it was im sure he wouldve went with it. how misinformed you are

Last edited by eric12341; 02-15-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
i dont see why theres so much hate on this board about that platform (and the internet in general towards MS), MS isnt in this to lose and they arent playing around. once mango arrives it will really evolve and kick a$$ especially with the IE9 mobile thats coming soon which is going to be like the IE9 on PC which rules by the way. it certainly will be better than all the other mobile browsers out there, and he couldnt get a WP7 anyway as they are not yet available on VZW but if it was im sure he wouldve went with it. how misinformed you are
MS just let MWC pass without announcing anything related to cdma launch.... MS WILL NEVER PASS ANDROID OR IOS... both those platforms would have to suffer greatly and MS would have to increase 1000% for them to even compete...

And IE9 is nothing special... Firefox blows every browser out with all its add-on support... (for desktops)... and ooohh a browser that supports HTML5, cool, too bad everyone is making this adjustment, so MS isnt ahead of anyone by announcing support... MS will continue to stay in the distance..... you can't go 1.5 yrs without a significant release and hope to compete... wp7 as it is now is a joke.... MS has to include copy/paste and multitasking into thbis rumored March update... all features that should've been avilable from the start.... just shows where MS' priorities lie and that's NOT with consumers
Old 02-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
MS just let MWC pass without announcing anything related to cdma launch.... MS WILL NEVER PASS ANDROID OR IOS... both those platforms would have to suffer greatly and MS would have to increase 1000% for them to even compete...

And IE9 is nothing special... Firefox blows every browser out with all its add-on support... (for desktops)... and ooohh a browser that supports HTML5, cool, too bad everyone is making this adjustment, so MS isnt ahead of anyone by announcing support... MS will continue to stay in the distance..... you can't go 1.5 yrs without a significant release and hope to compete... wp7 as it is now is a joke.... MS has to include copy/paste and multitasking into thbis rumored March update... all features that should've been avilable from the start.... just shows where MS' priorities lie and that's NOT with consumers
OMG a joke? SERIOUSLY!!? i really wish people would GTFO with that bullshit. an OS thats "a joke" wouldnt have a 93% customer satisfaction rating. did iOS have copy and past and multitasking when it came out? no it did not but no one called it a joke besides the MS/WM faithful. MS will catch up eventually and set the new standard for mobile computing. if google was able to do it with android than MS sure as hell can.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708
Quote:
What company comes out to lose? The bottom line of a business is too make profit and gain market share. Microsoft is late to the race with their new OS and less-than-impressive phones. WP7 is hard to sell because honestly the OS is not good. IE9 rules? Its a good browser from Microsoft (FINALLY), but by all means it doesn't rule. You making statements that you can't back and are really your blind opinion. And I was making statement because he could've decided to wait until a WP7 phone hits Verizon (although Verizon has stated they are not interested in WP7 because IT DOES NOT SELL.)

Windows Mobile was huge because there wasn't much to choose from in the smartphone/ppc category. If we had Android, iOS, Maemo/MeeGo, etc I don't believe WM would be what is now (or rather before WP7 was announced).

Old 02-15-2011, 06:15 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
And IE9 is nothing special... Firefox blows every browser out with all its add-on support... (for desktops)... and ooohh a browser that supports HTML5, cool, too bad everyone is making this adjustment, so MS isnt ahead of anyone by announcing support...
Mobile Firefox 4 actually has addon support already and it also supports HTML5 and is hardware accelerated..its still a Beta but it supports everything Firefox 4 on Desktop does in terms of rendering..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae18708 View Post
What company comes out to lose? The bottom line of a business is too make profit and gain market share. Microsoft is late to the race with their new OS and less-than-impressive phones. WP7 is hard to sell because honestly the OS is not good. IE9 rules? Its a good browser from Microsoft (FINALLY), but by all means it doesn't rule. You making statements that you can't back and are really your blind opinion. And I was making statement because he could've decided to wait until a WP7 phone hits Verizon (although Verizon has stated they are not interested in WP7 because IT DOES NOT SELL.)

Windows Mobile was huge because there wasn't much to choose from in the smartphone/ppc category. If we had Android, iOS, Maemo/MeeGo, etc I don't believe WM would be what is now (or rather before WP7 was announced).

you're the one who's going off opinion not me. i have sources to back my claims up as do the other wp7 supporters whom of which will be in here soon.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

LinkRS is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_ View Post
Yes! It would be nice to have a test phone and a working device as well. How much do you want for the bundle?
Hi TInkerbell_,

I don't know, what do you think is fair? $150 for the everything (car charger, leather case, extended battery with cover, original cover and battery, charger and all accessories, 3 stylii, original box)? The device is currently running WM 6.5 and has never been unlocked. It is going to collect dust if I don't sell it, so make on offer

Thanks!

Rich S.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

LinkRS is just getting started

Quote:
Actually, I would have strongly considered WP7. My only issues with the current line-up of devices is the lack of backwards compatibility with WM. There is no reason that MS had to do this, as the basis for WP7 (Windows CE) is still at the heart, and a compatibility layer wouldn't have been too hard (just saying......)

MS has done a lot right this go around. The hardware standardization (including video and CPU requirements) is something that has been strongly needed to compete with iOS and Android devices. From what I have seen, it is elegant and MS is not going to make owners by a new device (cough*** Apple ****cough) to get multi-tasking.

It just seems that VZW is not going to give it a fair shake, and now that the iPhone is available..... It may be too little too late when they come out.

Thanks!

Rich S.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkRS View Post
Actually, I would have strongly considered WP7. My only issues with the current line-up of devices is the lack of backwards compatibility with WM. There is no reason that MS had to do this, as the basis for WP7 (Windows CE) is still at the heart, and a compatibility layer wouldn't have been too hard (just saying......)

MS has done a lot right this go around. The hardware standardization (including video and CPU requirements) is something that has been strongly needed to compete with iOS and Android devices. From what I have seen, it is elegant and MS is not going to make owners by a new device (cough*** Apple ****cough) to get multi-tasking.

It just seems that VZW is not going to give it a fair shake, and now that the iPhone is available..... It may be too little too late when they come out.

Thanks!

Rich S.
see i knew you wouldve went with a wp7 as i was trying to explain to those gusanos above but they ran as usual for anyone who bashes an OS they haven't used or provide facts and sources to support their arguement.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2