PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrade Suggestions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I've had my tp2 since last may and i plan on keeping it till the end of this semester, that way the wp7 pro wont be able to distract me from school work. the lack of apps for WM is just due to the that people have for MS and the fact that google and apple are paying them to develop apps,BB has the same problem alot of apps that are on iOS and Android arent available for that either. the fault is these idiotic developers. MS now has to offer them special perks to entice them to develop for wp7 to get them away from exclusively develop for the others.
No one has anything against winmo...what effectively killed its app development was M$ coming out and saying winmo is dead and wp7 is not backwards compatible...thats probably their biggest mistake..all they had to do was not tell people that it wasn't backwards compatible till like a month before it came out..but instead they killed their entire sales and development for the 2010 year..

Also..while there were rumors of Google paying manufacturers and carriers and some pushing to developers..I never heard that about Apple sorry..There is also no platform exclusivity either...M$ is paying developers benchmark money...aka they are promising developers that if X apps don't sell withing X time, they will give them money to cover the loses..developing apps takes time and money and an immature platform like WP7 is hard to entice developers when there are more prominent platforms..thus M$ is employing this strategy which seems to be doing well in building out their appstore (not sure how it is doing financially though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkRS View Post
Hi Everyone,

Feb is here hooray and I get to upgrade my phone this coming Wednesday, and it looks like I am leaning towards a 32GB iPhone 4. I would really like a keyboard, but the only devices that seem to have these now are BlackBerry's and the Droid2 and DroidPro. However, the Droid models are kind of old news now, and until RIM can figure out how to increase app storage space, they are not a viable option for me. Does anyone know of an Evo "like" phone for Verizon that is out now? Or any other good phones that aren't "old" news now. Thanks in advance!

Rich S.
The Thunderbolt 4g is effectively a beefed up Evo..it will be out Feb 28th is the rumor..and it has 4g which the iphone does not..Also a rumor of the Samsung 4g LTE phone this February with a Super AMOLED Plus screen..

The Droid 2 is not old news..it came out like 3 month ago (as its an international edition clocked at 1.2ghz)..iphone 4 was out on AT&T in june..

Right now the Droid series and the Samsung Fascinate is all they have in the lineup..

Other rumored phones was the Motorola Bionic and some WP7 phones but no release date has been given...

There was also a rumor of an HTC phone with a KB from last year..but don't know what ever happened to it :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

gTen, I would like to get your input on the imminent Sprint 2/7 announcement as well as aupcoming WP/AndroidOS devices coming to Sprint. No pressure, but an upgrade hangs in the balance here...
Old 02-06-2011, 01:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
gTen, I would like to get your input on the imminent Sprint 2/7 announcement as well as aupcoming WP/AndroidOS devices coming to Sprint. No pressure, but an upgrade hangs in the balance here...
Well 2/7 is tomorrow...so we can wait a day..then on 14th-17th is going to be MWC...

As far as upcoming devices..other then the HTC 7 Pro..

The Rumors are for an HTC Arrive/Ruby which is a WP7 phone...

There is no rumor of any Android phones other then ofcourse EVO2 or equivalent..in june..

To be frank, unlike their competition aka Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile sprint is keeping their phones fairly secretive..its like they are trying to make themselves go bankrupt >.>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

LinkRS is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
eww @crapple iPhone4 u can do soo much better.
Which is why I am asking The only thing, is I need a new phone NOW, not one that is coming out "soon." I have had it with my TP2, this phone has been a problem child, and HTC and Verizon have seem to forgotten about it. What do you recommend?

Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Which is why I am asking The only thing, is I need a new phone NOW, not one that is coming out "soon."
well the decision isnt very hard then man.. if it has to be NOW, then Evo>EPic>Evo SHift are the Top 3 Sprint devices right now... Optimus isnt bad at all and has same GPU as the EVO... almost all apps work across all android devices, so its not a matter of what app works where...

If your not willing to go Android, then you get to sit on that TP2... WP7 will be announced either tomorrow or next week a MWC.. Id expect the Product Launch to be less than 30days away from WP7s announcement...
Old 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

optimus sucks, no one wants a phone with lower resolution than the TP2 its WVGA or bust.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
well the decision isnt very hard then man.. if it has to be NOW, then Evo>EPic>Evo SHift are the Top 3 Sprint devices right now... Optimus isnt bad at all and has same GPU as the EVO... almost all apps work across all android devices, so its not a matter of what app works where...

If your not willing to go Android, then you get to sit on that TP2... WP7 will be announced either tomorrow or next week a MWC.. Id expect the Product Launch to be less than 30days away from WP7s announcement...
I think you are mistaken on 3 counts...

1) Epic>Evo shift>Evo

2) He said he prefers hardware keyboard phones...

3) He said he is on Verizon, not sprint...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

LinkRS is just getting started

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your advice, and suggestions. Today I received my iPhone 4 from Verizon. I now have a "modern" smart phone, and all of the apps I can shake a stick at

I really liked my TP2 at first, but had several issues (which most were never resolved 100%), and the apparent abandonment of the Windows Mobile platform was the final straw. As I am a fan of HTC products (I have owned 3 HTC designed products), I took a good look at the Droid Incredible, as well as the R2-D2 Droid 2 (as I am a Star Wars nut ). I briefly entertained the idea of the Droid X (I love the idea of a 4.3" screen), as well just biting my tongue and seeing what VZW has in store over the next couple of months.

I ultimately decided against the Android platform, as the fragmentation that exists currently, as wel as mumblings of OEMs blocking upgrades to encourage adoption of newer products (Samsung ) made it seem like a bad idea for a 2 year contract. I had a bad feeling that I would be in the same boat with Android as I was with WM, as they would leave the older products behind.

So, I decided on the phone that I have been eyeballing since 2007, and got the iPhone. It seems like the best option (for me) right now. I may end up kicking myself in a few months, but I feel relatively sure that my phone will at least be supported for the duration of my contract, even if the iPhone 5 comes out in June.

Anybody interested in a year old VZW Touch Pro 2? I have screen protectors, car charger, extended battery (plus original battery) and the original packaging and cords?

Thanks~

Rich S.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:

I ultimately decided against the Android platform, as the fragmentation that exists currently, as wel as mumblings of OEMs blocking upgrades to encourage adoption of newer products (Samsung ) made it seem like a bad idea for a 2 year contract. I had a bad feeling that I would be in the same boat with Android as I was with WM, as they would leave the older products behind.

Fragmentation generally exists in the low/mid end spectrum..most high end devices over 95% of apps work across the board...the iphone whether you know it or not has fragmentation as well..there are apps made for the iphone 4 don't work well for the 3gs..

As for OEMs blocking updates..thats not the case 9/10 times...9/10 times its the carrier blocking/delaying the updates..
Old 02-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Anybody interested in a year old VZW Touch Pro 2? I have screen protectors, car charger, extended battery (plus original battery) and the original packaging and cords?
Yes! It would be nice to have a test phone and a working device as well. How much do you want for the bundle?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2