PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the best (stable / error free / fast) Ttianium-based ROM for Sprint TP2 ?

I think I am ready to switch to a Titanium-only ROM. I have gotten over my initial fascination with Sense some time ago, and was running Titanium for about a month now - the boost in speed and usability is great. I disabled Start Menu and replaced it with QuickMenu, enabled large fonts in QM via a tweak utility, and on restart I get 113MB RAM after running Hibernate. So, might as well flash a ROM that doesn't have all the luggage pre-installed.

I am, however, concerned with stability and performance. So I am looking for a ROM that doesn't have any problems out of the box, is fast and stable, and offers some improvements over what I am already able to achieve on my own. Any suggestions are welcome !
Old 01-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: What's the best (stable / error free / fast) Ttianium-based ROM for Sprint TP2 ?

Not sure about ROM,BUT if you disable Sense music and photos tabs,it will save few meters of RAM.Sense is a usefull plugin,I think.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: What's the best (stable / error free / fast) Ttianium-based ROM for Sprint TP2 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Not sure about ROM,BUT if you disable Sense music and photos tabs,it will save few meters of RAM.Sense is a usefull plugin,I think.
yea i 2nd that,no other plugin has Facebook integration like sense. as for a titanium only rom there's lead rom senseless and userROM,the latter of which has issues.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Threadstarter

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It's a matter of personal preference. I don't spend too much time on Facebook and I prefer to use XDA Facebook app when I do. Sense Home screen is beautiful but so is Titanium, in its own way, when used with right plugins. I find Titanium to be much more finger-friendly and overall better suited for car use - I always had problems switching to the needed tab in Sense while driving, but hitting the right Titanium panel is a piece of cake. JMLLaunch is just as easy to use as QuickLaunch, JMLStocks and JMLWeather are great replacements for Sense apps, Music panel in Titanium lets you quickly pre-select the next song while the current one is playing - almost like Nitrogen. I bumped up file system cache to 8mb, disabled Start, and on reboot I am getting 103 mb free RAM even before running Hibernate. So, basically, Titanium works for me, after 8 months of Sense I find it much more efficient.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

in VINs latest neo with sense i get 102 on boot. i like titanium too but theres no way to integrate facebook contacts with contact pictures on it.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

just flashed the Energy GTX rom after trying out Vin's & blackout rom. the usability & freshness of the GTX rom makes the WM6.5 like a whole new OS.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...se-2019-a.html
Old 01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

when i try out titanium Roms, i always use NRG's
Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I tell everyone this who asks this question, download PPCkitchen, build your own rom... After doing it a few times, you'll be like "Why didn't I do this in the first place??"

I did roms in the past for my past WM phones but, never did one for my TP2 till then, my first rom used 22mb of storage memory and had 126mb free memory. That was just my test rom. 6.5, 6.5.1, 6.5.3, 6.5.5...pick your build then build off it...

You can do it totaly stripped or with apps built right into the rom that you want (office, etc)

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 01-17-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 AM
heyhi11

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ive tryed all the rms, and ur rite tit is the fastest.....but for the first time I just changed 2 bigmax sense..... i gtta say try this rom out, so far best rom out of all of em including any nrg rom
Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Banned User

not even

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2