PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I edit a ROM?

Can someone more experienced than me in ROM extracting/modding/building help me out here(Ive searched, still dont understand). Id like to remove a few cooked-in programs from a ROM and rebuild it for flashing. I have an nbh file of the ROM. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Can I edit a ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post
Can someone more experienced than me in ROM extracting/modding/building help me out here(Ive searched, still dont understand). Id like to remove a few cooked-in programs from a ROM and rebuild it for flashing. I have an nbh file of the ROM. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
You can use htcromimageeditor to remove some stuff, but you can't dump most custom ROMs and re-cook them.

[!WP7 support!] Htc ROM Image Editor and other Tools. (C) 2007-2010 AnDim (2.1.11) - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey kev, just the guy i need to see. check your private messages in a few mins.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You can use htcromimageeditor to remove some stuff, but you can't dump most custom ROMs and re-cook them.

[!WP7 support!] Htc ROM Image Editor and other Tools. (C) 2007-2010 AnDim (2.1.11) - xda-developers

This works really well to delete/add files, programs and dll's from an nbh image. Cleans up the ROM nice. Thanks again for the help and link

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2