PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS Not Working Anymore?

All of the sudden, my TP2's GPS just doesn't seem to work at all anymore. On my previous Winmo phones (Mogul and TP), Google Maps would give me my exact location anywhere in my city. But now, it just says "searching for gps" endlessly. Sprint Navigation gives me errors saying that the signal isn't strong enough.

Have I flipped a setting or something that's not letting my use my GPS? I'm going to be needing it soon and I hope that I can have it working by then.

Thanks for any help!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: GPS Not Working Anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilmonkee View Post
All of the sudden, my TP2's GPS just doesn't seem to work at all anymore. On my previous Winmo phones (Mogul and TP), Google Maps would give me my exact location anywhere in my city. But now, it just says "searching for gps" endlessly. Sprint Navigation gives me errors saying that the signal isn't strong enough.

Have I flipped a setting or something that's not letting my use my GPS? I'm going to be needing it soon and I hope that I can have it working by then.

Thanks for any help!
Try updating the QuickGPS, sometimes that happen to me but after I use the QuickGPS it starts working again.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

I agree with Kodak X. The Quick GPS is not updating automatically lately for some reason, even with the 'Update Automatically' check box ticked. After manually updating, GPS works again perfectly.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

did u try a hard reset? what rom are u on?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Hey Eric! If you are asking me, no I didn't try a hard reset. I am running a custom Rom, 23152 build.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Open up google maps and go into settings. Make sure Use GPS is checked. If not, check it. then click on GPS settings below "Use GPS" and it should say Managed by Windows.
If that does not work click on Set Manually and COM Port below that. Choose COM 4 and then OK. That should do it.

IMHO, Quick GPS helps but does not do anything if you cant even get a gps lock. Its more of an enhancement than a substitute.

David
Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Also, Try turning on the "AGPS" setting if its not already on.

David
Old 01-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Cool! I will check that out too.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

My GPS chip died in my 2nd Touch Pro 2. Losing that feature alone near about killed me because I use it almost everyday with Tom Tom.

What I ended up doing is installing the stock rom and relocking. Went into Verizon and they deemed the GPS broken
I ESN switched that phone back onto my business Verizon account and they sent me out a refurb. Received the phone and put it back on Page Plus.

I think the cause of the death of the phone most likely was overheating. I really believe I demand too much out of the phone by running all the radios at once with it plugged in. Hopefully the build quality improves on the next HTC iteration of this model!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
I think the cause of the death of the phone most likely was overheating. I really believe I demand too much out of the phone by running all the radios at once with it plugged in. Hopefully the build quality improves on the next HTC iteration of this model!
Yeah, I worry about that as well. When the charge light starts flashing red and green, I stick a Blue Ice under the little guy and keep using it! I wonder if this USB cable will reach into the freezer...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2