PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Native Lockscreen Power Settings

I have been a faithful user of s2u2 but i decided to let it go. It was causing most of the issues i saw that caused freezing and such...it severely slowed/blocked anything running in the background of my device and whenever i unlocked the phone, everything would try to download at once and slow things to a halt.

The main reason it was hard for me to leave behind was because of he power settings. The native winmo lock works perfectly for me but I would love to have some of the customization we see in s2u2 or even CHT. 2 big things i'd like to add are to turn off with proximity sensor blocked and have the screen turn off after 5 seconds vs. staying on for a whole minute...it just seems wasteful for the device to stay on in your pocket when you receive an sms. Is there a way to add in a regedit or something for these 2 controls?

thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 05:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Native Lockscreen Power Settings

you can turn off "wake-up on new sms" using Advanced COnfig or Diamond hack..

proximity blocked, hmmmmm, you can make it lock when flipped upside down.. thats close... there may be other options... i know someone around here was just delving into reg settings and such for prox sensor.. maybe he can add more..

and ive never really heard the request for 5sec timeout... you can goto system/power and change that.. but after looking its no less than 1min.... theres gotta be a reg for this somewhere, edit that and you should be able to set your own timeout... id think
Old 01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
you can turn off "wake-up on new sms" using Advanced COnfig or Diamond hack..

proximity blocked, hmmmmm, you can make it lock when flipped upside down.. thats close... there may be other options... i know someone around here was just delving into reg settings and such for prox sensor.. maybe he can add more..

and ive never really heard the request for 5sec timeout... you can goto system/power and change that.. but after looking its no less than 1min.... theres gotta be a reg for this somewhere, edit that and you should be able to set your own timeout... id think
yea its not in the windows settings but since i'm a pretty heavy user i used s2u2 to control most of my power settings...basically my phone was never on for more than 5 sec unless i was using it. Now if it lights up for new sms it stays on a minimum of 1 min which makes it use up more battery off the charger and heat up a lot more when on the charger...i took your advice and disabled wake up but i used this a lot for example if my phone is on the bed and the ringtone gets muffled, i still get the visual notification. I don't always notice the LED light...

i'm one of the few that wants visual (light up) as well as sound (ringtone) and feeling (vibrate) notifications...it makes sure not matter what i know when my phone goes off lol. but the disabling wake up is a good fix for now, i ended up using BSB Tweaks that comes with EnergyROM to change it. thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 06:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you could still have it vibrate and NOT wake on incoming messages.. settings>sounds and notifications>notications> new text mess> vibrate..

and i always forget about BSB, guess im approaching "old schooler status" with some of my recommendations lol
Old 01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Lightbulb Re: Native Lockscreen Power Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
I have been a faithful user of s2u2 but i decided to let it go. It was causing most of the issues i saw that caused freezing and such...it severely slowed/blocked anything running in the background of my device and whenever i unlocked the phone, everything would try to download at once and slow things to a halt.

The main reason it was hard for me to leave behind was because of he power settings. The native winmo lock works perfectly for me but I would love to have some of the customization we see in s2u2 or even CHT. 2 big things i'd like to add are to turn off with proximity sensor blocked and have the screen turn off after 5 seconds vs. staying on for a whole minute...it just seems wasteful for the device to stay on in your pocket when you receive an sms. Is there a way to add in a regedit or something for these 2 controls?

thanks
I recommend you try Slide2UnlockPro. It is much lighter than S2U2 and I believe it has all the features you want. I have been using it for awhile now. It doesn't have anywhere near all the features that s2u2 has but I like it better that way.
Get it here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/439909-post1.html
Old 01-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

its my understanding that even with the wake on sms tweak enabled it will still wake up because of the change from Ev to 1x
Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
its my understanding that even with the wake on sms tweak enabled it will still wake up because of the change from Ev to 1x
thats also my understanding as well..
Old 01-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I recommend you try Slide2UnlockPro.
Cool! I have been looking for a lighter alternative to s2u2. I am going have to check that out! Thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
thats also my understanding as well..
yeah looks like its not working after all. i thought it worked with NRG after new flash tho...i may hard reset to see

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2