PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help - choppy playback via BT headphones when moving (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139724)

Amamba 01-15-2011 01:24 PM

Help - choppy playback via BT headphones when moving

I just got jWin BT headphones. When phone is still, the playback is fine. When phone is moving (as today while I was showeling snow with phone in the side pocket of my snowpants) the playback is frequently interrupted, almost always it seems to coincide with me making a step (but not with every step).

Does anyone know how to fix this ? Is it related to G-sensor somehow ?

floppy 01-15-2011 01:33 PM

Re: Help - choppy playback via BT headphones when moving

I use Sony Ericsson BT headphones, and I get the occasional stutter when I'm walking or moving. I believe it is a known problem, with possibly no cure.........yet.

kroewe 01-15-2011 04:02 PM

i get the same problem with both my sony ericcson bt headphones and my motorola s9.
havent figured out a cure yet either.

horndoctor 01-15-2011 04:37 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Try to decrease the distance between your device and your headset as much as possible. Obviously, something is interfering with the transmission. It could be any number of things close by. All consumer devices are required by the FCC to not block and to accept any and all interference from surrounding sources. The only real solution is a wired headset.

eric12341 01-15-2011 04:48 PM

i get much less skips when i put my TP2 in the pocket on the right side of the bt headset as that's where the receiver is. that way it has a more direct line of communication and if ur using the stock Sprint 6.5 rom that can cause skips too.

puff601 01-15-2011 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i dont have these issues even if i use my headphones with the phone 20ft away. i have nokia headphones. i found the following reg entries when i was trying to figure how to make bt volume louder (anyone know how?). i noticed energy already used similar reg entries so i didnt change them.

here, import this into your registry. its supposed to make streaming audio quality via bt better. these reg entries are from energyrom.

let me know if it helps, also what roms are u guys using?

eric12341 01-16-2011 01:31 AM

the BT audio doesn't need to be louder its the headphone volume that does. most BT headsets have volume controls so i guess that's y its louder.

floppy 01-20-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 2037458)
i dont have these issues even if i use my headphones with the phone 20ft away. i have nokia headphones. i found the following reg entries when i was trying to figure how to make bt volume louder (anyone know how?). i noticed energy already used similar reg entries so i didnt change them.

here, import this into your registry. its supposed to make streaming audio quality via bt better. these reg entries are from energyrom.

let me know if it helps, also what roms are u guys using?

:( I've tried your registry hack over a few days, and it hasn't made a bit of difference. I'll give it a little longer, but I'll probably delete it.
I'm in the UK using the stock ROM, and my phone was bought unlocked. :(

pl0323 01-20-2011 02:00 PM

I have a Mororola s9 on Vin's rom, no issues, I can go 20-30 feet with it. I use HD Tweak for the bluetooth settings. Works great.

It never worked well with NRG though.

rvgammill 01-29-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amamba (Post 2037247)
I just got jWin BT headphones. When phone is still, the playback is fine. When phone is moving (as today while I was showeling snow with phone in the side pocket of my snowpants) the playback is frequently interrupted, almost always it seems to coincide with me making a step (but not with every step).

Does anyone know how to fix this ? Is it related to G-sensor somehow ?

The Bluetooth antenna is failing as the signal passes through your body. Put the receiver earpiece on the same side of your body.