PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I doubt that is the problem.

Best thing to do is start over and try again.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Verizon to ATT

the code is probly a bork code to get u to go back to them
Old 01-15-2011, 08:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Is your device SIM unlocked for US networks or just unlocked for non-US networks? If the latter then you will have to pay for the SIM unlocker to completely unlock it.

that is only true for Sprint and USCellular phones. verizon didn't opt for locking down their phones like that, interesting. I mean, they did simlock the phones, but no special check for the USA GSM networks.

...to OP: as for the MMS issue, that's unrelated to SIM lock status.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

Last edited by cmonex; 01-15-2011 at 08:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)
Threadstarter

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
that is only true for Sprint and USCellular phones. verizon didn't opt for locking down their phones like that, interesting. I mean, they did simlock the phones, but no special check for the USA GSM networks.

Wow cmonex posting in my thread i feel important! . haha

I tried changing the settings manually in arcsoft and in windows connections and used the Att Internet n MMS settings.cab that they mention in this and neither work. Im going to try to flash to a different ro alsm since the people in this thread whom were experiencing this issue wereo using energy.

I am using energy I need to switch to something else I guess.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:35 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post

really? usually VZW locks everything down
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
really? usually VZW locks everything down

they did lock down the phone with the usual sim lock, but the special US network code check doesn't check for verizon phones, only sprint/usc.

on the other hand sprint didn't bother with a general sim lock, they just rely on the special code check mentioned above.

so you could argue verizon is more locked down, in a way...and then in another way, it's not.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)
Threadstarter

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Fixed! All i needed to do was get off of Energy ROMs lol. I am on XPRESSYOURCELL's rom and its actually more stable. I like it. Thanks for everyones input!

So, if you plan on going AT&T/GSM use his ROMs or try others. Energy wont work. :/
And if you have Verizon TP2 just call and ask them to unlock the SIM. Its free.
(only for verizon tp2)

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited by xTSFx; 01-19-2011 at 05:51 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2