PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 01:43 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help the Duck - Looking for script to set active windows theme

Tried google and am too busy to hack this one together...

Does anyone have a script that will set the active windows theme?

For clarity:
  • Not sense
  • Not Titanium
I am looking for the equivilent to going in to Settings --> Home --> Appearance --> Select theme and click OK.

The scenario is setting a theme that is already installed to be active.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help the Duck - Looking for script to set active windows theme

+1 ive been looking for the same with no luck!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

How about using a link creator to make a link to the .tsk file of the theme you want in the Windows folder and then putting the link in the start menu or wherever you want it.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

How about using a link creator to make a link to the .tsk file of the theme you want in the Windows folder and then putting the link in the start menu or wherever you want it.
Running the TSK file does not seem to work unless the theme is new to the phone. Once a theme is installed, that no longer seems to work.

Have you had different experiences than what Im describing?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

that doesnt work for me either, i need a script to drop in my xda-uc folder
Old 01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you read this thread? Not sure if it helps, I don't have an SD card right now to test. [XDA_UC][UC][SASHIMI][S4X] S4X_Auto & S4X_Backup [DEC.02.2010] XDA_UC Mods & Answers - xda-developers
Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

So I figured out why this was not working the way you would expect. In my case, I am using NRG ROM and trying to set the active Theme to one of the ones he cooked in to the ROM.

I simply extracted and cleaned up the XML from the TSK files and executed them during UC.

It requires a reboot for them to take effect.

I am attaching the XML if anyone else wants it.

** THIS IS ONLY FOR NRG ROM ***
Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
Have you read this thread? Not sure if it helps, I don't have an SD card right now to test. [XDA_UC][UC][SASHIMI][S4X] S4X_Auto & S4X_Backup [DEC.02.2010] XDA_UC Mods & Answers - xda-developers

Thanks. Some great info there, but nothing that addressed exactly what I was trying to do.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Almost a VIP

thanks ninja! i will check that out! i want to do this for the energyrom 2007.tsk
Old 01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
thanks ninja! i will check that out! i want to do this for the energyrom 2007.tsk
PM me if you need help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2