PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Current TP2 owners

To those who currently still use their TP2 but love to switch over to the EVO, Epic and future Windows 7 phones but just refuse to fork over the rediculous $10.00 added "surcharge" for the EVO and Epic and on top of that fiscally restructioning their current plan....will you stick it out as long as your TP2 is still working or what is your next move? I currently have the Fair and Flexible plan $40.00 plus unlimitted data and do not see why I have to change my plan...I have unlimitted data. Is it just like Sprint wants more money and eventually make the "everything" plan standard?
So for me it's an additional $30.00 a month period.

Your thoughts
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Current TP2 owners

i thought it was $10 for android devices then another $10 for 4g? either way im not paying that ish. i like my bill just like it is @ $30.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I'm gonna either just stick it out or buy a windows phone 7 or windows embedded phone.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

thayer is becoming a great contributor

It is unlikely that you will either 1. be able to outlast the company providing the service to your phone or 2. Be able to resist upgrading the phone relatively regardless of the cost (especially considering you are on this forum).

But thankfully, we have a free market (for the time being) and data has a cost. If one company charges X and another charges Y...all other things being equal a client will opt to pay less for the service.

I would like to thank the hard work of NRG for keeping my good old tp2 livable.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Vin's latest rom is where its at. it has a new radio which gives improved reception and better battery life and theres almost no need to overclock it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
To those who currently still use their TP2 but love to switch over to the EVO, Epic and future Windows 7 phones but just refuse to fork over the rediculous $10.00 added "surcharge" for the EVO and Epic and on top of that fiscally restructioning their current plan....will you stick it out as long as your TP2 is still working or what is your next move? I currently have the Fair and Flexible plan $40.00 plus unlimitted data and do not see why I have to change my plan...I have unlimitted data. Is it just like Sprint wants more money and eventually make the "everything" plan standard?
So for me it's an additional $30.00 a month period.

Your thoughts

Im in the same position as you. I also have the fair and flex plan.

1000 mins
free nights and weekends
Unlimited texts, picture mail and data for 30$

Sprint can kiss my a$$ with there new phones and 80+ phone bill.

I love my TP2.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work

+1 for Vin's rom, switched from NRG to Vin, my phone never freezes, although I know it's the 2.0 that was causing all the issues I had.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah im sticking to the phones i have now. i mean the evo is a nice phone, but really, im satisfied with how my bb and my tp2 performs the tasks i need them to do.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

jmath15 is a n00b

I just switched from the tp2 to an Evo and I'm considerably impressed. I've been using my tp2 again recently because I'll be going out of the country and need a world phone, but I have to say it's like going from HD back to standard definition. I'd have to say the biggest surprise was how quick I got accustomed to the larger screen, and how much I like it. It's like having a Ferrari, it seems absolutely ridiculous and impractical unless your the one driving it lol. The app market is also a lot better than I thought it would be. The only complaint I really have so far is battery life, and the problems I had were due to a bad rom. I fully expected to try out the Evo for a week or two and end up taking it back in favor of my trusty tp2, but now, I love it. And that's saying a lot becuase I didn't think there would ever be anything to make me part with my SERO 500 plan. Now I'm tempted to say the $20/month sero premium and 4G upgrade fee is almost worth it. I mean, it does include free mobile to mobile, sprint navigation and I get 4G in a lot of Columbus. The only real reason I've kept my tp2 around for is traveling, since I unlocked it and can get local gsm sim cards. All in all, if you can - I recommend upgrading
Old 01-10-2011, 05:57 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Vin's latest rom is where its at. it has a new radio which gives improved reception and better battery life and theres almost no need to overclock it
omg i never thought i would see you post these words. +1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2