PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help the Duck - Looking for script to set active windows theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
PM me if you need help.
thanks man, i think i got it though. i used sktools to extract the xml but havent tested it yet. what did you do to clean up the xml and is it neccesary?

this is exactly what ive been looking for since i need xda uc to apply the tsk before it installs cabs and imports cht or the theme will overwrite some of my mods. now after i do the flash dance i really dont have to do much. i run uc, apply my custom font, enter my email/facebook passwords, reset and im done. after that everything is setup exactly how i want it
Old 01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Help the Duck - Looking for script to set active windows theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
thanks man, i think i got it though. i used sktools to extract the xml but havent tested it yet. what did you do to clean up the xml and is it neccesary?

this is exactly what ive been looking for since i need xda uc to apply the tsk before it installs cabs and imports cht or the theme will overwrite some of my mods. now after i do the flash dance i really dont have to do much. i run uc, apply my custom font, enter my email/facebook passwords, reset and im done. after that everything is setup exactly how i want it
You need to delete the install block and the file operations from the XML.

Since the files are cooked in to the ROM, nothing is actually coppied. Since the extracted XML is no longer a setup program, you need to remove that info.

This is the info I removed from Livven TSK
Code:
 <characteristic type="Install">
  <parm name="InstallPhase" value="install" />
  <parm name="OSVersionMin" value="3.0" />
  <parm name="OSVersionMax" value="100.0" />
  <parm name="AppName" value="Livven SimpleGloss Blue" />
  <parm name="NoUninstall" value="1" />
  <parm name="NumDirs" value="1" />
  <parm name="NumFiles" value="2" />
  <parm name="NumRegKeys" value="22" />
  <parm name="NumRegVals" value="326" />
  <parm name="NumShortcuts" value="0" />
 </characteristic>
 <characteristic type="FileOperation">
  <characteristic type="%CE2%" translation="install">
   <characteristic type="MakeDir" />
   <characteristic type="stwater_480_640.jpg" translation="install">
    <characteristic type="Extract">
     <parm name="Source" value="STWATE~1.001" />
     <parm name="WarnIfSkip" />
    </characteristic>
   </characteristic>
   <characteristic type="stwater_640_480.jpg" translation="install">
    <characteristic type="Extract">
     <parm name="Source" value="STWATE~1.002" />
     <parm name="WarnIfSkip" />
    </characteristic>
   </characteristic>
  </characteristic>
 </characteristic>
Old 01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

How about using a link creator to make a link to the .tsk file of the theme you want in the Windows folder and then putting the link in the start menu or wherever you want it.
Running the TSK file does not seem to work unless the theme is new to the phone. Once a theme is installed, that no longer seems to work.

Have you had different experiences than what Im describing?
Honestly, I never tried it. I don't switch themes that often. I just read your first post and thought of what I posted. At the time it seemed like it would work.
It sounds like you figured it out though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2