PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Need Help Phone Not Charging (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139538)

djpimp 01-12-2011 01:32 AM

Need Help Phone Not Charging

Okay, I have seen this issue posted numerous times but yet I see no solution. If I flash a ROM, my phone will not charge while it is on. It looks like once sense loads up it stops charging. I have tried several different ROMS. Only ROM that works is Sprint Lovers and other mainly stock ROMS. Basically any ROM that has the 1% battery increment do not work but the ones with the 10% battery increment work fine. Is there a stock Battery driver cab(10% increment)? If I switch to the stock ROM it charges while on but will not sync or read when connected to the PC. I only can flash with the SD Card. I cant task29 because it wont sync to PC. I love energy roms. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Shorale 01-12-2011 03:54 PM

Re: Need Help Phone Not Charging

I don't believe the ROMs are to blame for the phone not charging. There has to be something else you're missing or more people would be complaining. Also, you probably haven't gotten any help since you posted this in the wrong section.

eric12341 01-12-2011 06:09 PM

try vin's roms NRG ROMS are known battery suckers.

darren.wlsn1 01-12-2011 06:47 PM

Moved

dtrush 01-13-2011 12:22 AM

Mine started acting up today but I believe it is a bad USB jack or something is in the way from preventing it to charge. Some physical hardware issue.

I love the TP2 but it sure hasn't held up very well for me on a hardware level. First one the headphone jack became loose, sent back only 350 hours talk on it. Second one had the GPS chip die inside(this really cramped my day), sent back around 300 hours. Now this USB jack problem!!! It's really wearing me out](*,) This third unit has 497 hours on it which is slightly better than the other two units I guess:protest:

My TP1 still works great(inactive) and it has around 750 hours talk. What a trooper!:mrgreen:

boredandtattooed 01-13-2011 03:45 PM

anytime this happens to me, I just soft reset the device, with the cord plugged in still... and its all fixed....

rsuddath 01-15-2011 08:42 AM

The issue is just as you described, with the custom ROM not a cable, bad connector or hardware problem. According to chef "Vin" it is the new version of the Nue 1% driver. Unfortunately, most of the ROM chefs are including this driver in their ROM. The problem is limited to chargers (wall chargers, car chargers) that do not power all of the pins on the USB port and is not observed if the device is tethered to a computer.

I have posted to a couple of ROM threads about this including the still very productive NRG ROM threads, however only Vin paid attention to the post, offered an explanation and has since removed the offending driver from the newer ROM releases.

please see the following post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...ml#post2014488

Please thank and support this ROM, perhaps if enough people point this out, other chefs will also fix this bug....

cmonex 01-16-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsuddath (Post 2037111)
The issue is just as you described, with the custom ROM not a cable, bad connector or hardware problem. According to chef "Vin" it is the new version of the Nue 1% driver. Unfortunately, most of the ROM chefs are including this driver in their ROM. The problem is limited to chargers (wall chargers, car chargers) that do not power all of the pins on the USB port and is not observed if the device is tethered to a computer.

I have posted to a couple of ROM threads about this including the still very productive NRG ROM threads, however only Vin paid attention to the post, offered an explanation and has since removed the offending driver from the newer ROM releases.

please see the following post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...ml#post2014488

Please thank and support this ROM, perhaps if enough people point this out, other chefs will also fix this bug....

which new version of the 1% driver? no2chem and I hacked an old version together a long time ago.. so this has me interested :). if you have a link to a ROM that has the new one that's buggy, I'd like to take a look.

(I'm assuming that there is a newer version of the driver and only that has the problem...let me know if I got this wrong.)

eric12341 01-16-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex
which new version of the 1% driver? no2chem and I hacked an old version together a long time ago.. so this has me interested . if you have a link to a ROM that has the new one that's buggy, I'd like to take a look.

(I'm assuming that there is a newer version of the driver and only that has the problem...let me know if I got this wrong.)

the Sprint basics ROM,the NRG ROMS and the latest lead ROM all use it i believe. my battery drains like no other in these roms and then takes 45 min to die after reporting a 0% charge,and overheating while charging.

shaggylive 01-17-2011 12:52 AM

I seem to remember having the issue on a rom until I installed or ran the nue power control panel. then just toggle the setting between 10% and 1% and/or fast charge.