PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fastest and most stable clean CDMA ROM

Hello All,

I am looking for opinions from frequent ROM flashers. I have only flashed to one ROM, Blazing fast ROM. It's been great, because I was looking for a clean and super fast ROM as I am a business user and would prefer my phone to be a phone first and then email, calendar, and GPS device. No gaming, but the phone needs to be super stable. I am also a user of SPB Mobile Shell, thus the desire for a CLEAN (super lite) ROM.

Lately, I have encountered several glitches where the phone will be non-responsive and I have to perform hard reset. I don't have the slightest idea why this is happening, I have not install any new CAB since I first flashed to this ROM...sometime in Sept. 2010.

Typically it will occur when I use Google maps or my Garmin GPS on the road. I have been pretty satisfy with the speed, but I have nothing to compare to, and reading every ROM links produces the same message..."this ROM is very fast!"

I am convince that any ROM with sense UI will be the slowest when compare to clean ROMs or ROMs using other lighter UIs. Of course this is only from reading countless threads.

Does anyone with more flashing experience direct me to a super fast if not the fastest and most stable CLEAN ROM currently available? I love my phone and reliable on it for business usage every day, so please help me find a fast, stable, and CLEAN ROM.

Thanks in advance for your assistance...
Old 01-09-2011, 03:02 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Re: Fastest and most stable clean CDMA ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam247 View Post
Hello All,

I am looking for opinions from frequent ROM flashers. I have only flashed to one ROM, Blazing fast ROM. It's been great, because I was looking for a clean and super fast ROM as I am a business user and would prefer my phone to be a phone first and then email, calendar, and GPS device. No gaming, but the phone needs to be super stable. I am also a user of SPB Mobile Shell, thus the desire for a CLEAN (super lite) ROM.

Lately, I have encountered several glitches where the phone will be non-responsive and I have to perform hard reset. I don't have the slightest idea why this is happening, I have not install any new CAB since I first flashed to this ROM...sometime in Sept. 2010.

Typically it will occur when I use Google maps or my Garmin GPS on the road. I have been pretty satisfy with the speed, but I have nothing to compare to, and reading every ROM links produces the same message..."this ROM is very fast!"

I am convince that any ROM with sense UI will be the slowest when compare to clean ROMs or ROMs using other lighter UIs. Of course this is only from reading countless threads.

Does anyone with more flashing experience direct me to a super fast if not the fastest and most stable CLEAN ROM currently available? I love my phone and reliable on it for business usage every day, so please help me find a fast, stable, and CLEAN ROM.

Thanks in advance for your assistance...
Try Vin's Neodium ROM. If you're gonna do SPB Mobile Shell, go into Settings, Home, Items Tab, amd unselect Sense. You'll have plenty of RAM free then. Mobile Shell will run super fast on this ROM. I recently flashed and did mobile shell on Neo exactly as I described above. Fast and stable.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA
Threadstarter

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Try Vin's Neodium ROM. If you're gonna do SPB Mobile Shell, go into Settings, Home, Items Tab, amd unselect Sense. You'll have plenty of RAM free then. Mobile Shell will run super fast on this ROM. I recently flashed and did mobile shell on Neo exactly as I described above. Fast and stable.

Thanks for you input Recursion. Can you give me a reference point, is Vin's Neo faster than Blazing Fast clean ROM? I don't really have any delay wiht Blazing Fast ROM, every input will refresh within 1 sec, but the GPS is glitchy now, thus the search for a super fast, stable, clean ROM for SPB and business use.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Rockin' the Red!!

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

No, can't compare them since I only flash Vin's ROMs. I've flashed at least 6 different chefs' ROMs, and Vin's are always stable & fast. IMHO, I doubt any other chef is better than VIN...maybe tied...but not better.

Your best bet is to try them all out yourself & see which one you like best. All I can do is tell you my preference...flash Neodium...a no-brainer to me for what you want.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

I dont know about speed,but battery is perfect.
If Sense disabled im today setting,it will never affect speed and RAM
Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
No, can't compare them since I only flash Vin's ROMs. I've flashed at least 6 different chefs' ROMs, and Vin's are always stable & fast. IMHO, I doubt any other chef is better than VIN...maybe tied...but not better.

Your best bet is to try them all out yourself & see which one you like best. All I can do is tell you my preference...flash Neodium...a no-brainer to me for what you want.
Im wondering your opinion on my ROM .. have you tried it already ? its very clean .. only two glitches as of right now . there in my thread at the cdma upgrades . its the userROM .
Old 01-09-2011, 04:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Your best bet is to try them all out yourself & see which one you like best.

+1, but WARNING flashing may cause serious .....
Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Your best bets right now are userROM and Lead's beta senseless ROM. They both have a few issues but are being worked on and should be really good when done (userROM is very quick especially but has some minor bugs that you can read in the thread, nothing to devastating i'm just waiting until they are fixed to make it my permanent ROM most likely). And also if you don't mind WM 6.1 instead of 6.5 and such try Freeza's ROM, its extremely clean and quick and in the last page of the thread you can see a link to download it along with a bunch of cabs you may want to install.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Your best bets right now are userROM and Lead's beta senseless ROM. They both have a few issues but are being worked on and should be really good when done (userROM is very quick especially but has some minor bugs that you can read in the thread, nothing to devastating i'm just waiting until they are fixed to make it my permanent ROM most likely). And also if you don't mind WM 6.1 instead of 6.5 and such try Freeza's ROM, its extremely clean and quick and in the last page of the thread you can see a link to download it along with a bunch of cabs you may want to install.
freezas ROM sucks because the EZInput installable only has english as a selectable language, the best 6.1 rom is the sprint basics one
Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Rockin' the Red!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Im wondering your opinion on my ROM .. have you tried it already ? its very clean .. only two glitches as of right now . there in my thread at the cdma upgrades . its the userROM .
no, haven't flashed yours. i'm debating now whether to stick with neo + spb, or go back to pluto. i think vin's got another pluto update (probably with latest vzw radio). if i get a chance, i'll flash it & check it out.

nice to see another chef on TP2 man...thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2