PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Current TP2 owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayer View Post
But thankfully, we have a free market (for the time being) and data has a cost. If one company charges X and another charges Y...all other things being equal a client will opt to pay less for the service.***
Yeah, our free market economy...

@holdouts: If we all hold out, our numbers will be high. This "could" lead Sprint into "waiving" the upgrade fee. If they do, they'll probably do it "quietly" by offering a credit to our accounts so the masses who are paying these fees don't learn about this and demand the same. So bottom line, the more of us who stick it out, the better our odds of some concession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Vin's latest rom is where its at. it has a new radio which gives improved reception and better battery life and theres almost no need to overclock it
110% agree. The only quirk I run into is when I've got Nitrogen playing tunes while I'm browsing with OperaMini. I get stutters when I "long" scroll. OC'ing didn't help this, btw. I'll check out your issues in Vin's thread later today when I get time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayer View Post
Are you guys on neo or pluto? We are having a snow day here in NC so I want to see if it truly is that much better than NRG.
I'm on Pluto now. Less free memory, but still plenty. Pluto is more finger-friendly. Both are rock-solid, IMO. Can't go wrong with either one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlL View Post
***Upgrading to a premium plan would mean the immediate loss of the discount, so my cost would more than double. In addition, my TP2 is unlocked and we often travel overseas with it. If I upgrade, I would lose the ability to just get a local SIM card.***
Ditto on all counts. I'm gonna stick it out too. If we're lucky, the HTC 7 Pro might be an upgrade path for us. If so, I might devote time to porting 6.5.x to it. It's a 1ghz processor, which would run 6.5.x nicely, and perhaps with CHT running too.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
lol uhh yeah sorry.. i was having a fight of my own with my gf at the time.. oopsie lol
no oopsie is asking ur ex back out after no longer seeing the "in a relationship" status on her facebook and then finding out otherwise when she answers.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0323 View Post
+1 for Vin's rom, switched from NRG to Vin, my phone never freezes, although I know it's the 2.0 that was causing all the issues I had.
Try the TW2.0 I posted in the "blackout" thread,
I am using it on Vinn rom 6.5 and working good. just have 2 levels though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmath15 View Post
I just switched from the tp2 to an Evo....
The only complaint I really have so far is battery life...
Don't expect half a day on that battery,
consider 2 batteries to make it 3/4 of a day,
Or buy the extended battery(with nice back cover) for less tham $50 you get 2400ma,
which will finnally last you a full day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
no oopsie is asking ur ex back out after no longer seeing the "in a relationship" status on her facebook and then finding out otherwise when she answers.
your not supposed to ask her out.
Your supposed to let her see you having a great time with other women.
Your not to show any interest, no kissin ass.
Your supposed to be the man, cool and collected, impervious to any situation.
Your play the "I'm okay game".
Women can smell fear, nevousness and kiss ass, which = translate to you not of value.

You must not let them have their way unless in a reward fashion.
You must look at them as the spoiled lil daddy's girl they are.
Sorry but momas teaching on putting "women on a pedastal", will actually drive them away.
They don't want a kiss ass puppy dog, they want a man and they don't even know it.
I learned the hard way after being a kiss ass.
Now I am the man, I don't have to look like it, just have to act like it.
God left the man in charge, but we must be fare and loving,
With great power, comes great responsiblility, and that the Mans place, not the womans
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

elmerive is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
i thought it was $10 for android devices then another $10 for 4g? either way im not paying that ish. i like my bill just like it is @ $30.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the htc evo shift and i know that it's 4g and that costs $10.00 extra a month but I have never had an android that cost $10.00 also just for the android? so $20 extra for 4g and android just want to know. I've looked on sprint's web site and didnt see anything about an android charge
Old 01-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

JosephD1014 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerive View Post
I'm thinking about upgrading to the htc evo shift and i know that it's 4g and that costs $10.00 extra a month but I have never had an android that cost $10.00 also just for the android? so $20 extra for 4g and android just want to know. I've looked on sprint's web site and didnt see anything about an android charge
The "android charge" is for SERO accounts - if you upgrade from SERO to SERO premium, you get extra goodies like any mobile anytime, sprint navi, etc and you can chose any phone you want. If you're not on a SERO account then this doesn't mean anything to you, however the 10 bucks for 4g (whether you use it or not - which is dumb) is for everyone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Lurker

elmerive is a n00b

Ok dumb question what is SERO and yes $10 for 4g is retarted since I'm in st louis and i dont even get 3g most of the time
Old 01-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Lurker

elmerive is a n00b

Never mind I googled SERO and I know what it is now

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2