PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

TheKid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vin's ROM installed/Tmobile...questions.

Ok I installed Vin's ROM. Works great. Finally got the Tmobile service working too thanks to you guys. I just have a couple of questions on these 2 things. I noticed there is no task manager anymore. The reason I want it is because when I go to the start screen and it shows the programs running, when I go to close them not all close. So I was going to force them to stop running with task manager but can't find it.

So:

1) Where is task manager or why can't I close some programs on the start menu?

2) Why is those opposite arrows that are located next to the signal strength always on. It seems the phone is constantly sending and receiving data. When I turn the data button off it stops but when I had sprint and the data button was on, these arrows would only be sending and receiving when I send and receive email or use the internet? I also use automatic weather update but I've got it set on every hour so usually with sprint it only sends and receives every hour....weird. Anyone know what is up? This is going to drain my battery big time. It seems it's constantly sending and receiving. I"m actually not sure if it is the custom ROM or Tmobile.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; FROYO X Build/FROYO X) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Don't know about the task manager, but regarding the task bar, likely the icon for data is not animated, therefore when the data connection is active, the arrows always appear white. Doesn't mean that data is always running.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid1
Ok I installed Vin's ROM. Works great. Finally got the Tmobile service working too thanks to you guys. I just have a couple of questions on these 2 things. I noticed there is no task manager anymore. The reason I want it is because when I go to the start screen and it shows the programs running, when I go to close them not all close. So I was going to force them to stop running with task manager but can't find it.

So:

1) Where is task manager or why can't I close some programs on the start menu?

2) Why is those opposite arrows that are located next to the signal strength always on. It seems the phone is constantly sending and receiving data. When I turn the data button off it stops but when I had sprint and the data button was on, these arrows would only be sending and receiving when I send and receive email or use the internet? I also use automatic weather update but I've got it set on every hour so usually with sprint it only sends and receives every hour....weird. Anyone know what is up? This is going to drain my battery big time. It seems it's constantly sending and receiving. I"m actually not sure if it is the custom ROM or Tmobile.
Look for Arkswitch or Duttys Task Manager.

Maybe you just want a different Taskbar.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 XV6875
Carrier: CMCC

alva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Vin's ROM installed/Tmobile...questions.

1) you can go to start-settings-system, pls find the "Task Manager", touch it and switch to "bottun", click "End program by tapping X".

2) I also have this question, but I am afraid it shows the wrong icon, because I have checked the phone's fee list. And Vin's ROM is set to automatically time synchronize when your phone rebooted by default.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Vin's ROM installed/Tmobile...questions.

1) The task manager should be included by default in vins rom. Unless u installed the Pluto version as opposed to the neo version.

2) Don't kno about the pluto version but I had that issue in the neo version when I applied the remove start menu tweak.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2