PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Re: Fastest and most stable clean CDMA ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
freezas ROM sucks because the EZInput installable only has english as a selectable language, the best 6.1 rom is the sprint basics one
It doesn't suck just because one thing and you could always just install a different EZInput cab. All the chef's around here make great ROM's each tailored for different people. As for me I dont use EZInput at all i prefer swype so it doesnt affect me. Its also the fastest ROM available for sure, things load just about instantly if you manage to keep it clean like I do. I experience absolutely no other issues with the ROM at all. I'm not saying its better than any other ROM but in my opinion it is the cleanest and quickest 6.1 ROM available.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
It doesn't suck just because one thing and you could always just install a different EZInput cab. All the chef's around here make great ROM's each tailored for different people. As for me I dont use EZInput at all i prefer swype so it doesnt affect me. Its also the fastest ROM available for sure, things load just about instantly if you manage to keep it clean like I do. I experience absolutely no other issues with the ROM at all. I'm not saying its better than any other ROM but in my opinion it is the cleanest and quickest 6.1 ROM available.
not only that but the start menu button is missing the windows logo and it uses build 21056 which is buggier than build 21057 and even 21052.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

I agree "That sense is the devil" as Bobby Boucher's mom would say. I remember flashing Dcd's ROM on my mogul/6700 all those years ago and ran that FOREVER, just a simply home page in the style of what was soon to become manila. As I got to the end of the life of it, I got a bug up my ass to flash one of these new "touchflo/manila" ROMS and had nothing but issues.

I think there is just too much incompatibility between HTC's software and MS's software. Most of the problems I had with TP2 ROMS were the phone juggling between HTC and MS softwarem depending on how you accessed a feature.

For me, most of the ROMS I tried worked great at first and then began to decline until failure, which is what I had with the sense roms on the mogul.

At some point I had tried one of Vin's older roms and it worked great, but I decided to flash something else, because something new in a ROM had came out and had interested me. Now I find myself going back to Vin's ROMs which have now been updated since then.

I have recently flashed Vin's "Jan.03.Neodium+Radio 2.37.WV UPDATE HERE" and then installed this cab which made my reception a lot better.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...ml#post2028581

Then I run Ninja Ducks OCT 1.5v repack, I have instructions for that here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...explained.html

I run 748mhz, with 0 steps and interval set at 1000, load and jump don't affect anything when you set the steps to 0.

So far this ROM as been very very VERY good., may not look as fancy as some of the other ROMS, but the speed is really good and the stability seems really good (as do all of Vin's ROMS) and the battery life is really really good, on par with an SPB mobile shell rom. Battery meter shows 40-50mAh drain at idle, for a sense rom that's rare from what I've encountered.

I'm probably gonna install the start menu delete or wahtever it's called. I used it on another rom and it freed up a good chunk of RAM and turns the start menu into a list style like on XP. You just have to be more accurate with your thumb if you are not gonna use the stylus. But since this ROM has a programs tab with 30 quicklinks and the today home tab has 9, I probably won't ever use the start menu on all but rare occasions.

I'm probably gonna stick with VIN's ROMs until a REALLY good replacement 4G phone for the TP2 comes out. I may bite the bullet and get the EVO shift and keep the TP2 for out of country travel and backup. I would try those other ROMS first and then try VIN's last, you might find that you like it the most.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!:

Nix that, jsut tried Wimospeed, much faster than OCT

Last edited by bobturismo; 01-09-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
not only that but the start menu button is missing the windows logo and it uses build 21056 which is buggier than build 21057 and even 21052.
I never had any issue with it being buggy and the logo isnt the standard windows one Freeza just placed his own which i dont mind its not a bug just a minor styling difference, did you install the last version?? As the last one that was released didn't work as well but the second to last one he made works great with no issues at all.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i didnt install it at all. i like the sprint basics rom the best for 6.1 and lead rom so far for 6.5, i may try the latest vin neo as ive been hearing good things about the battery life from the new radio.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA
Threadstarter

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks everyone for you contributions. I have a concept question, if I install a sense ROM and uncheck the sense component it means I will enable sense UI, but contained in the ROM will be memory used by the files associated with sense. So whether enable or not, any ROM using sense will still waste memory if you don't intend to you sense. Is that right?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
I agree "That sense is the devil" as Bobby Boucher's mom would say. I remember flashing Dcd's ROM on my mogul/6700 all those years ago and ran that FOREVER, just a simply home page in the style of what was soon to become manila. As I got to the end of the life of it, I got a bug up my ass to flash one of these new "touchflo/manila" ROMS and had nothing but issues.

I think there is just too much incompatibility between HTC's software and MS's software. Most of the problems I had with TP2 ROMS were the phone juggling between HTC and MS softwarem depending on how you accessed a feature.

For me, most of the ROMS I tried worked great at first and then began to decline until failure, which is what I had with the sense roms on the mogul.

At some point I had tried one of Vin's older roms and it worked great, but I decided to flash something else, because something new in a ROM had came out and had interested me. Now I find myself going back to Vin's ROMs which have now been updated since then.

I have recently flashed Vin's "Jan.03.Neodium+Radio 2.37.WV UPDATE HERE" and then installed this cab which made my reception a lot better.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...ml#post2028581

Then I run Ninja Ducks OCT 1.5v repack, I have instructions for that here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...explained.html

I run 748mhz, with 0 steps and interval set at 1000, load and jump don't affect anything when you set the steps to 0.

So far this ROM as been very very VERY good., may not look as fancy as some of the other ROMS, but the speed is really good and the stability seems really good (as do all of Vin's ROMS) and the battery life is really really good, on par with an SPB mobile shell rom. Battery meter shows 40-50mAh drain at idle, for a sense rom that's rare from what I've encountered.

I'm probably gonna install the start menu delete or wahtever it's called. I used it on another rom and it freed up a good chunk of RAM and turns the start menu into a list style like on XP. You just have to be more accurate with your thumb if you are not gonna use the stylus. But since this ROM has a programs tab with 30 quicklinks and the today home tab has 9, I probably won't ever use the start menu on all but rare occasions.

I'm probably gonna stick with VIN's ROMs until a REALLY good replacement 4G phone for the TP2 comes out. I may bite the bullet and get the EVO shift and keep the TP2 for out of country travel and backup. I would try those other ROMS first and then try VIN's last, you might find that you like it the most.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!:

Nix that, jsut tried Wimospeed, much faster than OCT

Thanks! Can you send me link to Wimospeed?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam247
Thanks everyone for you contributions. I have a concept question, if I install a sense ROM and uncheck the sense component it means I will enable sense UI, but contained in the ROM will be memory used by the files associated with sense. So whether enable or not, any ROM using sense will still waste memory if you don't intend to you sense. Is that right?
If you flash a rom that has SenseUI but you disable it by unchecking it in Today Settings then it will not be loaded into RAM memory at boot thus freeing up the RAM memory it would normally use. It will still be in your device storage memory taking up space. If you flash a rom that does not have SenseUI then you will have more device storage memory available for other things.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

If you flash a rom that has SenseUI but you disable it by unchecking it in Today Settings then it will not be loaded into RAM memory at boot thus freeing up the RAM memory it would normally use. It will still be in your device storage memory taking up space. If you flash a rom that does not have SenseUI then you will have more device storage memory available for other things.

Got it! Thanks so much!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

seems like you have a lot of advice already but i would highly suggest a 6.5 rom over a 6.5.x for sure if you want stability.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2