PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   SD Format Error??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139338)

xTSFx 01-07-2011 06:42 PM

SD Format Error???

My SD card will not format for some reason. It gives me an error. "the storage card has been damaged and unable to be formatted." the last time i formatted my SD was through windows. Could this be why? Perhaps I have it formatted with the wrong file sys or allocation size? The only way i can reformat it now is through windows.

However it is odd that I can delete and save files to it through File explorer as well as access it as a Mass storage device when connected to windows.

I have had these issues on several ROMs.

alva 01-07-2011 09:33 PM

Re: SD Format Error???

me too with Energy's rom, but several months earlier it is ok.
i also formated by Windows 7, and it works fine both pc and phone.

touch-this-pro 01-07-2011 09:54 PM

have you tried to format it with Resco file explorer? you may have better luck with this.

horndoctor 01-08-2011 04:22 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xTSFx
My SD card will not format for some reason. It gives me an error. "the storage card has been damaged and unable to be formatted." the last time i formatted my SD was through windows. Could this be why? Perhaps I have it formatted with the wrong file sys or allocation size? The only way i can reformat it now is through windows.

However it is odd that I can delete and save files to it through File explorer as well as access it as a Mass storage device when connected to windows.

If you put your card in an adapter/card reader and insert it into a sd slot or connect it to a usb port use your pc to format it fat32 using the standard long format not the quick format option. Then put it back in your device and see if you can write and read from it. If so good. If not you have a bad card.

demonlordoftheround 01-08-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xTSFx (Post 2032090)

Use the HP USB Format Tool. Works better than the standard windows program.

rhacy 01-08-2011 11:21 AM

Consider giving SD Formatter a try. It has worked great here in quick mode / standard cluster size on many SD and SDHC cards when other formatters failed.

SD Formatter 3.0 (Beta) for SD/SDHC/SDXC - SD Association

Best to all,
R

xTSFx 01-09-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alva (Post 2032211)
me too with Energy's rom, but several months earlier it is ok.
i also formated by Windows 7, and it works fine both pc and phone.

Thats crazy because I have been using Energy's. I flash from Energy to stock though and it wouldn't work on stock!!! Idk not the big of a deal as i said before. Read/write works fine on it. Just reformatting tool refuses to work. And i thought it may be because of wrong file sys. Im about to try the suggested fixes. Thanks all for responding.