PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

doggiedog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help: Phone won't pick up calls

I'm running a stock TP2 with WinMo 6.5.

I can no longer pick up calls on my phone. People will call and regardless if I hit the send button or the one screen button, my phone won't pick up.

Has anyone else had this issue? This happens regardless of whether the phone is locked or unlocked. I use S2U2 as a lock but don't use any of the ROMs. In fact, I can't install any of the ROMs for some reason so it's not an option. I tried for weeks to get them to install but no luck.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Need help: Phone won't pick up calls

First off you need to be unlocked to install custom roms. So does the call display on your phone but you cant answer using soft or hard keys
Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doggiedog is a n00b

I've tried everything in installing the ROMs. Even opened up a few threads here on it. It just doesn't work so I've given up.

The phone will not pick up regardless of whether I hit a hard or soft key. It just rings and rings. The buttons work though when its not ringing. I can't figure out why it does this.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Backup your contacts, cabs, etc. and clear storage.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doggiedog is a n00b

And do a reinstall?

I noticed these microSD cards go bad rather quickly on these phones. I've gone through 2 of them. The memory gets corrupted very easily. They don't even work on my PC.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I've been using the same microSDHC card since october 09 and haven't had a single issue with it. and to flash a custom ROM u need to be unlocked and to get unlocked u have to goto the how to flash a rom thread in the TP2 CDMA DEVELOPMENT section then follow the directions there to get unlocked once that's done I'll recommend that you download and flash lead ROM its the same as stock 6.5 but without all the bugs like the one ur experiencing now. so for that ill recommend that u do a clear storage by goin to start>settings>system then clear storage. or you can goto the STOCK ROM COLLECTION thread and download and flash the original stock 6.1 rom which is the 2nd one from the bottom.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doggiedog is a n00b

Thanks! I'll try flashing down to 6.1 then flashing up to some ROM but I've tried everything else. My phone won''t unlock. I bought it used on ebay so perhaps that has something to do with it.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doggiedog is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Backup your contacts, cabs, etc. and clear storage.
Awesome! That did the trick!

Thanks!

And thank to the others on the ROM issue. I'll try to downgrade it then upgrade when I get a chance.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

almost sounds like the old #777 issue that people would have when using advanced config...???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2