PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Spring

Aches n Pains is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help for an old Newbie

Folks,

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 on the Sprint network in the states running Windows Mobile.

Interested in putting Android on the phone but want to be sure it will be worth the effort - I probably bring the average age of this group up by 4 or 5 years. I'm quite good on a PC but have never done much with my smart phone.

A few questions:

1. It appears that I can load Android but only run it on occasion using Windows when I just need phone, email, etc. with no loss of functionality. I can open Android when I want to use Android applications. True?

2. I assume I can load and run Android apps when I have loaded the Android OS. True?

3. Is it pretty easy to back out of this if I discover I'm in over my head?

Thanks in advance for geeking the geezer.

Aches n Pains
Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Help for an old Newbie

1. true, but once you load it, your in it.. you cant tap a button and go back to winMO.. you have to power down and back up or soft reset to get back to winMO

2. true - i havent really found much yet that wont work with Android, app wise... Camera, MMs, BT, and USB arent working.. but almost all apps run(hardcore games aside)

3. yes extremely easy to back out of.. just uninstall

its just a .cab, well thats the easiest way... install, reset, boot! ... its that easy.... to avoid any common issues: take your SIM out(if in), turn off OverClock in winMO(if using), and make sure your button lights are out before booting(or theyll be on the whole time in Android)

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 01-05-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Spring
Threadstarter

Aches n Pains is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Help for an old Newbie

Thanks, Bored. Very clear explanation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags