PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   looking for a registry entry . (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139202)

elesbb 01-04-2011 08:50 PM

looking for a registry entry .

I'm looking for something that says if the proximity sensor is blocked or not . if its not a registry entry that's fine too .

thanks everyone !

mwalt2 01-04-2011 11:02 PM

Re: looking for a registry entry .

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2030039)
I'm looking for something that says if the proximity sensor is blocked or not . if its not a registry entry that's fine too .

thanks everyone !

You can tell if it's enable or disabled via a registry entry.

"HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "PSensorStatus"

If it's 0, the sensor is off. There may be other entries there that tell if it is being blocked as well. One way to find it would be to use kheb. You can use it to make a snapshot of the registry before and after blocking the proximity sensor. It then will then output the differences to a text file.

[APP] Kheb v1.1 - File system and registry discovery tool [UPDATE - 20.7.2010] - xda-developers

elesbb 01-04-2011 11:30 PM

do you know of the other methods ? and that sorta works . I set it to one then covered the sensor . and I was hoping for one that didn't shut the screen off right away . just change the value when covered . Thanks though ! any one else have any ideas ?

horndoctor 01-05-2011 01:37 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb
do you know of the other methods ? and that sorta works . I set it to one then covered the sensor . and I was hoping for one that didn't shut the screen off right away . just change the value when covered . Thanks though ! any one else have any ideas ?

Are you trying to enable or disable the sensor? :scratch:
Enabled means when it is covered the screen will turn off. If you don't want it to turn the screen off then disable it.

elesbb 01-05-2011 01:27 PM

I guess you could say im trying to enable it . However the reg entry listed above , if set to 1 , and then covered the screen goes off right away , I want an entry that when covered the entry value lists as 0 but doesn't turn off the screen . Also the above entry goes back to zero when done making a call or after a soft reset .

horndoctor 01-05-2011 05:29 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb
I guess you could say im trying to enable it . However the reg entry listed above , if set to 1 , and then covered the screen goes off right away , I want an entry that when covered the entry value lists as 0 but doesn't turn off the screen . Also the above entry goes back to zero when done making a call or after a soft reset .

From what you just said, it sounds like you want the sensor disabled so when you are using the phone and have it next to your ear the screen does not turn off. Correct? :scratch:

elesbb 01-05-2011 06:11 PM

haha sorry to be confusing . lol . I actually want it on when the phone is not on , like I'm not in a call . that way if my phone wakes up in my pocket , via SMS or the like , it turns off the screen right away . I was hoping to write a script so when its locked and the screen is on the script will shut the screen off again .

mwalt2 01-06-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2030661)
haha sorry to be confusing . lol . I actually want it on when the phone is not on , like I'm not in a call . that way if my phone wakes up in my pocket , via SMS or the like , it turns off the screen right away . I was hoping to write a script so when its locked and the screen is on the script will shut the screen off again .

Did you try the kheb tool I posted? There may be a registry change when it's actually active, but I'm not sure. I'd think a simple lockscreen would work easier and just have the display timeout after it waked up. Lock Device v1.6 works well and will lock the screen whenever it goes to sleep or wakes up.

You could try the cab posted here at xda. It says it's for the HD2, but may work with the tp2. If it doesn't work, I'm sure the dev could give you some hints as to how it's done.

horndoctor 01-06-2011 03:27 AM

+1
Also, there is a locking app on xda I believe it's called TouchLockPro that uses the proximity sensor to trigger locking or unlocking. I haven't tried it but you might check it out.

elesbb 01-06-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2031002)

+1
Also, there is a locking app on xda I believe it's called TouchLockPro that uses the proximity sensor to trigger locking or unlocking. I haven't tried it but you might check it out.

Tried that , touchlockpro uses the reg entry posted above and gets reset back to zero after a phone call . i am using throttle lock , i used to use S2U2 but i got bored i guess lol . and s2u2 has an option in his settings page "when locked if no light screen off" or something like that . maybe ill see if he can tell me what reg entry he uses .