PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rwynter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cannot Unlock TP2 @ so Flash a ROM!!!! HELP!!!

I have tried to do the Hard SPL via Rhodium and to no avail!!! I just got a recertified TP2 after flashing my last TP2 via computer but it will not unlock so I can flash. I have also tried different versions of flashing and it gets stuck at 0% and then I get the error message and take out the battery once again. I have also added the ROM in the root of my SD card and tried to flash it that way but it will not unlock. I have even tried to relock cab and tried to see if it would unlock. Can someone please help? I want to flash the latest Energy ROM but nothing is happening… Thanks again Guys/Gals!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You'll have to go to the unlocker site and get permission to unlock your replacement device.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Cannot Unlock TP2 @ so Flash a ROM!!!! HELP!!!

try opening up WMDC as if u were goin to sync then use the automatic flash method and then follow directions.

if that doesn't work then it may be the common issue withthe unlocker in which u get 1 unlock for free then u have to make a donation to keep it working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwynter View Post
I have tried to do the Hard SPL via Rhodium and to no avail!!! I just got a recertified TP2 after flashing my last TP2 via computer but it will not unlock so I can flash. I have also tried different versions of flashing and it gets stuck at 0% and then I get the error message and take out the battery once again. I have also added the ROM in the root of my SD card and tried to flash it that way but it will not unlock. I have even tried to relock cab and tried to see if it would unlock. Can someone please help? I want to flash the latest Energy ROM but nothing is happening… Thanks again Guys/Gals!

you need to check what error you get in the Automatic flash mode.

if it launches the RomUpdateUtility in Auto mode, and errors out with 262 connection error, then check USB troubleshooting tips at Olipro->Creations(&Unlockers); - RhodiumW Hard-SPL (note, if you have a GSM Rhodium, don't try downloading from any of the file links there. but the tips apply just the same)

if it doesn't get that far and says you used this program before, then send us a request to get another use for it (this is free, donation is only optional if you are happy to do so): HTC-Unlocks Support

if the error is none of the above 2, let us know what it is exactly.

edit: I just noticed you put a rom on the SD card. please don't do that while Hard-SPL unlocking. best to remove the SD card, then you can be sure nothing is left on it that could interfere.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

Last edited by cmonex; 01-04-2011 at 05:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rwynter is a n00b

I tried what was offered advice-wise but still to no avail. It is a replacement TP2 and for some reason I can't unlock my phone to flash a new ROM. Can someone get back to me? Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ive had what sounds like the same error 262 connection error. i had it on a brand new sprint tp2 and a refurb replacement. nothing i tried seemed to work for me except this:

1) remove sd and sim cards from tp2
2) connect tp2 to usb cable to tp2
3) restart your pc
3) hard reset your phone!
4) wait until the phone gets to the align screen.
5) then run hspl.

^like i said, this is what seemed to work for me twice after continuosly having my tp2 freeze @ 0% then the hspl giving a error 262. ive saw other people having similar issues, seems to be more sprint tp2 related or something. just keep messing with it. thats what ive had to do twice.

Last edited by puff601; 01-04-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

if its refurbed then possibly it was unlocked before and the unlocker is not going to relock it again. message cmonex or olipro on their site and they should be able to get you squared away
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy
if its refurbed then possibly it was unlocked before and the unlocker is not going to relock it again. message cmonex or olipro on their site and they should be able to get you squared away
OP if it says 1.0 OliNex in bootloader then it is already unlocked.

Try what has been suggested plus try a different cable or PC and make sure virus and firewalls are disabled.

Last edited by horndoctor; 01-05-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
if i caught what cmonex said correctly... if the tp2 has been unlocked before, the unlocker will say show a message before it makes the tp2 enter bootloader of try to flash hspl. the fact that op's tp2 even goes into bootloader makes me think that his tp2 is not blacklisted and the issue is something else.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

F8L WS6 is a n00b

I just got my replacement/refurb and it was acting very strange. I had it all set up and when I tried to run the unlocker it just shut the phone off and the unlocker stopped at 0% then error'd out. So I rebooted and tried it and it did the same thing again. The phone acted like it shut itself down but the unlocker zipped to 100% this time? I entered bootloader and confirmed that. I ran Task29 then flashed and no problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dumb ignorant, n00b