PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

treeboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tethering two phones at same time

Didn't find it in my searching so here it goes. I have two (wifes and mine) TP2's both running stock ROMS WinMo 6.5 from USCC with tethering palns We both have WMWiFiRouter 2.00 installed and share our internet through a Linksys router. What I would like to do is tether both phones at the same time to increase bandwidth preferably through the router but not mandatory. Also, I'm not opposed to flashing new ROM's if needed to achieve desired result since the phones are nearing end of life. Any ideas?
PPC 6800, TPII
Westport, CA
Old 06-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: tethering two phones at same time

you would most likely have to bridge the connections .. using a computer that has two WiFi cards . then connect the bridged connection to the linksys ..
Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

not sure if bridging the two together is going to get you much faster connection either.

I was going to reply with that same thought but wasn't sure how best to coney how to bridge two cell phones....

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Don't cross the streams...we could all die.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Don't cross the streams...we could all die.
LOL! Call Ghost Busters!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

haha you guys are funny ! but to the OP , there are a lot of things you have to understand with windows to do what you want . For instance , to just increase the bandwith on one machine , you just have to connect one cell phone to the wireless card and the other via usb . And I believe on any windows 7 machine , windows will automatically utilize bothe connections when sending/receiving data . But to connect the cell phones to a wireless router , you would have to do what I said before . Connect them to the computer then bridge the three connections . (1st tp2 bridged with 2ndtp2 then that bridged connection bridged with the wireless router . )
Old 06-24-2011, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular
Threadstarter

treeboy is a n00b

Thanks for the replies people. Generally I only need to speed up transfers on one computer my Win 7 machine so I'll give that a try via the wireless card and and usb first. I haven't found a way to bridge the two phones yet, but I haven't looked that hard either. Should anyone know off the top let me know thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2