PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Advice for "faster" tethering... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139069)

WhiteBlazer01 01-01-2011 09:06 PM

Advice for "faster" tethering...

I noticed my internet speed was super slow when tethering (using WMWifiRouter). I opened Task Manager, and saw Opera was running. I did an "end task" on Opera, and my internet speed is much better. Just thought I would put this out there.

Hapy New Year! :)

boredandtattooed 01-01-2011 09:18 PM

Re: Advice for "faster" tethering...

Thanks, but im pretty sure its just common knowledge that if your going to tether that you close down all your running applications.. -Just putting that out there

eric12341 01-01-2011 09:29 PM

for a second there i thought this would be a noob asking how to make his bust down (boost) mobile tethering faster. while this is a good tip or tutorial its most likely to get pushed down and not stickied like the others have. but who knows this is 2011 now things may be different.

horndoctor 01-01-2011 11:15 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01
I noticed my internet speed was super slow when tethering (using WMWifiRouter). I opened Task Manager, and saw Opera was running. I did an "end task" on Opera, and my internet speed is much better. Just thought I would put this out there.

Hapy New Year! :)

Glad you noticed this because some may not know. I suggest you look for and install one of the disable push internet and/or opera real exit cabs that will keep Opera from starting at boot and will completely close Opera when you exit it.

stcardinal 01-02-2011 07:41 PM

Where can I get WMWifiRouter.

Recursion 01-03-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stcardinal (Post 2028669)
Where can I get WMWifiRouter.

WMWifiRouter - Welcome

It's not free, but check this out.

kapone86 06-07-2011 12:52 AM

how can i make tethering faster on my optimus S? is there a way to switch proxy servers or anything like that, cuz i know u can change stuff around on the evo to make it faster, but idk about the optimus s yet

eric12341 06-07-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapone86 (Post 2112356)
how can i make tethering faster on my optimus S? is there a way to switch proxy servers or anything like that, cuz i know u can change stuff around on the evo to make it faster, but idk about the optimus s yet

since they're both Android phones im guessing it should be done exactly the same way on the optimus s unless it was done through an HTC app. posted this in the wrong section by the way and u should be grateful for the speeds ur currently getting because since Feb my 3G speeds have been very slow.

PPCFreak 06-08-2011 10:24 AM

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

was wondering why op was asking about tethering speeds on a droid phone in the tp2 section.....hhhmmmmmmm