PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   1/1/2011 Calendar Weirdness (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139053)

haus 01-01-2011 11:59 AM

1/1/2011 Calendar Weirdness

I got a notification on my TP2 that property taxes were due today. WTF? Property taxes are due Nov. 1. So I looked on my desktop and my hosted exchange account OWA, which should all be in sync. Outlook and OWA do not show the same notification in the calendar for today.

I search outlook for "property tax" and come up with my recurring reminder, set back in 2006, that occurs "every November 1 effective 11/1/2006". Navigate to that date and sure enough on the desktop, there's the calendar entry.

I'm thinking the phone is seeing the "11/1" and thinking since it's "1/1/11" it misplaced the reminder on my today screen (I use the old 6.1 style today screen, not TF3D or Titanium). I navigate to Nov. 1 2010 on the TP2 and the entry is missing.

Wife suggested maybe I had snoozed it for 2 months, but that's not the case. On the phone it actually shows the item today in the calendar and shows it as a recurring event every January 1. Completely wrong and not in sync with my outlook or OWA calendars.

Weird!

demonlordoftheround 01-01-2011 12:25 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It seems like every January 1st, the calendar bugs appear.

quick99si 01-01-2011 01:30 PM

Re: 1/1/2011 Calendar Weirdness

At least we're not getting text messages from 2017 this time around!

eric12341 01-01-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 2027846)
At least we're not getting text messages from 2017 this time around!

LOL yea I was just about to say that. however at the new year I did notice that my TP2 randomly started roaming so I soft resetted to fix it after everything else didn't fix it,got back up and couldn't send or receive texts soft resetted again and all is well now.

horndoctor 01-01-2011 06:08 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus
I got a notification on my TP2 that property taxes were due today. WTF? Property taxes are due Nov. 1. So I looked on my desktop and my hosted exchange account OWA, which should all be in sync. Outlook and OWA do not show the same notification in the calendar for today.

I search outlook for "property tax" and come up with my recurring reminder, set back in 2006, that occurs "every November 1 effective 11/1/2006". Navigate to that date and sure enough on the desktop, there's the calendar entry.

I'm thinking the phone is seeing the "11/1" and thinking since it's "1/1/11" it misplaced the reminder on my today screen (I use the old 6.1 style today screen, not TF3D or Titanium). I navigate to Nov. 1 2010 on the TP2 and the entry is missing.

Wife suggested maybe I had snoozed it for 2 months, but that's not the case. On the phone it actually shows the item today in the calendar and shows it as a recurring event every January 1. Completely wrong and not in sync with my outlook or OWA calendars.

Weird!

Turn your device off.
Change and update your calendar with your PC with the correct dates. Then turn your device back on and re-sync with your calendar and see if everything is corrected.

haus 01-02-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2028002)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Turn your device off.
Change and update your calendar with your PC with the correct dates. Then turn your device back on and re-sync with your calendar and see if everything is corrected.

I will try turning off and on but note from my OP that both the PC Outlook and OWA are correct. It is only the TP2 that is wrong. Unless you mean something else by updating my calendar with the PC?

haus 01-02-2011 01:44 AM

So rebooting did not help, nor did re-syncing from activesync with Exchange. I'll see if it fixes itself tomorrow and decide if it needs further troubleshooting then.

horndoctor 01-02-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus
So rebooting did not help, nor did re-syncing from activesync with Exchange. I'll see if it fixes itself tomorrow and decide if it needs further troubleshooting then.

Try turning your TP2 completely off. Then open your calendar on your pc and check all your entries to make sure they are correct. Then add a new entry to your calendar while still on your pc. Then save and exit. Then wait a min or two. Then turn your TP2 back on and re-sync to your calendar and see if it corrects the dates on your TP2.

haus 01-02-2011 12:48 PM

So this morning the calendar entry was still wrong. So I went to the PC and edited the recurring event, changing it from a 1-day event starting at 12:00am to a 0 minute event starting at 8am. Then I synced using the cable. The appointment then showed up on the TP2 as a 1-day event starting at 12:00am November 1 (it is one step behind my PC, since that is how the appointment should have appeared before I changed it to 8am). I did edit the entire series on the PC.

Then I deleted the entire series on the PC, re-created it as a 0 minute event starting at 8am on November 1, and re-synced. Now the appointment shows up as 8am on the PC and 7am on the TP2, for the past (Nov. 2010) and future (Nov. 2011) events.

I might be missing a DST update on this phone as I've hard reset recently and I seem to recall there was a patch, so I suppose at least the appointment issue itself is fixed.

Edit: DST update from Microsoft fixed it after a re-sync.

skidogger 01-02-2011 02:33 PM

Where did you get the DST update? I'm in the same boat. Thanks.