PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which web broswer do you use ?

which is the best mobile web browser you guys use ? I'm looking for speed not flash support . I'm using opera mini but have issues when entering text . I love ucweb but that has some font issues but when I click the forum tools in uc they never open . but they do in opera . so I use both . are there any other fast web browsers I'm missing ?

Last edited by elesbb; 01-01-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: updated my ROM ! come check it out !

i use IE + spb pocket plus v4 (adds tabs) its renders some sites better than opera and seems a bit lighter on RAM
Old 01-01-2011, 12:01 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
just updated my ROM ! visit thread to see the changes

forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-upgrades/138535-rom-12-30-10-6-5-userrom-21916-barebones.html

also , what is the best mobile web browser you guys use ? I'm looking for speed not flash support . I'm using opera mini but have issues when entering text . I love ucweb but that has some font issues but when I click the forum tools in uc they never open . but they do in opera . so I use both . are there any other fast web browsers I'm missing ?
1 - do you ever see other ROm Chefs plug their own Rom in the normal forum area?? NO!

2 - Im a fan of Opera 10... i still use beta 3, since it never gave me any issues... Uzard is a good browser(much like skyfire) but requires the SIM Card to be in to work
Old 01-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
1 - do you ever see other ROm Chefs plug their own Rom in the normal forum area?? NO!
well it seems like no one cares about my ROM so .. yeah trying to spread the word .

2 - Im a fan of Opera 10... i still use beta 3, since it never gave me any issues... Uzard is a good browser(much like skyfire) but requires the SIM Card to be in to work
I use uzard sometimes when i want full fledged web support . i use to have a really good one on my iPaq but i lost the cab .. and cant remember what it was called . it was small like opera mini but was better .. rendered pages perfectly .. i also use opera 10 at times . thanks for sharing
Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Which web broswer do you use ?

only browsers i know of are: Uzard, UCWeb, Opera Series, Iris(maybe this is the browser you said you forgot about), IE, and Skyfire...
Old 01-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Threadstarter

I know there's fennec and minimo and mach5 .. but those aren't it . and I remembered Iris which is now dorothy
Old 01-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

I pretty much use Opera 9.7 or Opera 10, They seem to work the best i've never really needed anything else. The only problem I find with Opera 10 is it seems to take forever to load on the TP2 when you open it up
Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I know there's fennec and minimo and mach5 .. but those aren't it . and I remembered Iris which is now dorothy

i forgot all about Fennec... anyone actually use it?? pros/cons?? i use Firefox on my Laptop, so itd make sense on my phone, but ive been an opera fan for a long time..
Old 01-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i forgot all about Fennec... anyone actually use it?? pros/cons?? i use Firefox on my Laptop, so itd make sense on my phone, but ive been an opera fan for a long time..

i can name quite a few, its huge(larger than skype) for one, its slow,crashes. completely useless,ur much better off using opera 10. NetFront used to be very good too (better than opera) now its almost useless now too (possibly the old IE is more useful) but no browser is more useless than minimo that was the shittiest browser of them all.

on a side note. what is up with the way opera (9.x and possibly 10) renders desktop facebook? the buttons to do anything such as (comment and send) are all truncated and folded up or otherwise hard to use.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i use uc its the best browser ive used you can find it here clink on the cab file enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: cab UCWEB-7.4.0.65-354-31-10102813.cab (1.55 MB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jcthelight; 01-02-2011 at 02:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2