PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139040)

digiblur 12-31-2010 11:02 PM

What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2?

Long story short Sprint says one of my lines phone has water damage and won't fix the keyboard. You can look under the battery cover and the one outside is red. Look on the battery and through the little hole to the main board and the sticker is fine. I am not dealing with these yoyo's at the store. Figure I will just call Asurion...I am hoping they don't give out a TP2 anymore...had way too many TP1s and TP2s with keyboard issues and oil screen issues.

eric12341 01-01-2011 12:44 AM

Re: What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2?

still giving out the TP2 as they arent ****suckers like VZW is whom offer underpowered phones

Dr.8820 01-01-2011 12:51 AM

If you're lucky, a brand new tp2.

quick99si 01-01-2011 09:24 AM

This is what they offered me

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e68mfp.jpg

intrlude 01-01-2011 10:36 AM

Dear Everybody,

The insurance program is not a "trade-up" program. I know that we have had the luxury of being babied by Asurion/Sprint alike, with going from the 6700 to 6800, 6800 to 6850 and from the 6850 to the 6875. Some of us out there have gone ahead and taken the plunge and gone over to Android with the EVO, will there be something else available for the EVO at some point? Maybe, no time soon though.

The premium you pay allows customers the luxury of receiving a device without having to pay retail for a new device. Even when it's deemed necessary that we pay the deductible. $7/mo=$84/yr, the deductible is $100, if you were allowed the TP2 at no cost from a TP even as late as a year ago you're only in for $184. Cash money phones, even the most "economical" start at $219.99 MSRP.

With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)

Thanks for letting me air this out! I work for a "preferred" retailer of Sprint's and get to hear day-in and day-out customers ask "this is my 3rd, 4th, 5th......phone, what phone do I get?" "Sir/Ma'am, you will receive the phone covered by the insurance program, which is whatever device is registered to your phone # at the time of the claim or something comparable" and comparable could be many things, not what you deem is proper for you to receive.

yankees45us 01-01-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiblur (Post 2027581)
Long story short Sprint says one of my lines phone has water damage and won't fix the keyboard. You can look under the battery cover and the one outside is red. Look on the battery and through the little hole to the main board and the sticker is fine. I am not dealing with these yoyo's at the store. Figure I will just call Asurion...I am hoping they don't give out a TP2 anymore...had way too many TP1s and TP2s with keyboard issues and oil screen issues.

My question is, where do you live? Here in florida they can't go on the stickers alone about water damage. The moisture indicators are exactly what they are "indicators". Here they have to find other water visuals like water or moisture under the lcd or inside phone. If they don't then the warranty is still in tact. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

Recursion 01-01-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 2027762)
With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)***

You've been quoted!! LOL!!

IF (they run out of TP2s) && (Sprint picks up the P7)
THEN MAYBE.

Time will tell...

I'm not willing to pay $20 more AND lose my 25% discount on a SERO500 at this point. That's 27.50/month more + the cost of a 4G phone.

Sorry Sprint...I'm gonna keep my perk-o-lated plan & my TP2 until it's worth it (for me).

boredandtattooed 01-01-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 2027762)
With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)

Sprint will NOT be giving Wp7 devices for TP2s..... your dreaming... HTC Pro 7 will be a flagship device for Sprint..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recursion (Post 2027776)

&& (Sprint picks up the P7)
THEN MAYBE.

I'm not willing to pay $20 more AND lose my 25% discount on a SERO500 at this point. That's 27.50/month more + the cost of a 4G phone.

"and sprint picks up the p7"???......... you miss the announcement or something, Sprint is 100% getting the P7.. especially since the P7 was the only CDMA WP7 device shown at launch AND its Sprint branded...

you SERO people are a trip, like you have some birth right to ridiculously cheap plans.... "oh no, my bill might reach $50/month, what ever shall I do".. its just funny to read all SERO cust comments as you guys squeel at the idea of switching phones and plans some day... its quite amusing..

and btw, your 25% discount can be put on just about any plan..

intrlude 01-01-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2027790)
Sprint will NOT be giving Wp7 devices for TP2s..... your dreaming... HTC Pro 7 will be a flagship device for Sprint..

True, that it will be a "flagship" device, but as it stands the TP2 is the current "flagship" device on the WinMo side of things, as well as being a "World" phone. As the Pro7 comes available, the TP2 will be EOLed, it has seen a life span of more than 2 years!

As with anything, time will tell.

austin420 01-01-2011 01:08 PM

this man must not realize they are still giving out sprint moguls and touches thru asurion.