PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 12:56 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2?

To Sprint "Flagship" means phone that came out June aka around the time of the iphone..all the other phones are just "phones that are cool and sprint is too lazy to actually advertise or may advertise on 1 or 2 occasions"..

The HTC 7 Pro will in no way be a flagship...its going to be just another phone..

I mean take the Epic for example, even though its specs are a lot better then the Evo..Sprint didn't even advertise it until PC world gave it #1 phone of 2010 award...

Its just how sprint is, they only have enough money/effort to advertise 1 phone...

That said, my guess is the HTC 7 Pro will at least require an everything plan..so those people on old plans or on SERO thats not premium will have to upgrade their plan even if Asuran gives them that phone..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
To Sprint "Flagship" means phone that came out June aka around the time of the iphone..all the other phones are just "phones that are cool and sprint is too lazy to actually advertise or may advertise on 1 or 2 occasions"..

The HTC 7 Pro will in no way be a flagship...its going to be just another phone..

I mean take the Epic for example, even though its specs are a lot better then the Evo..Sprint didn't even advertise it until PC world gave it #1 phone of 2010 award...

Its just how sprint is, they only have enough money/effort to advertise 1 phone...

That said, my guess is the HTC 7 Pro will at least require an everything plan..so those people on old plans or on SERO thats not premium will have to upgrade their plan even if Asuran gives them that phone..
correct on all fronts, it's their master plan to eventually phase out all those grandfather clause plans as they roll out new hardware. I just upgraded to the Evo this week and I had no choice but to ditch my old calling plan and upgrade to the Everything 1500 for my 2 lines. Gten you also made a great point about what 'flagship' device means to carriers... the epic didnt get much shine even from THEM for quite some time after launch just as you said.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Yet another thread derailed with more useless SERO bickering On a sidenote, I think they raised the taxes/fees because my bill is now in the $34 range! And now we we have the prospect of a $10 surcharge for WP7?? Well gee golly, I sure hope that this Mr. Obamer will bail out us regular geekers like he bailed out them there banks and whutnot hhhhMMMMmhhHH
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
in before the close....

nice blaming obama for high phone bill taxes which is something he has very little control over. this is usually dictated at the local level.blaming a president over billing issues is the most ignorant thing anyone can do.
Oh wow, seriously dude?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
i think you're correct also, tmobile nows requires a data plan with wp7 series, but didn't really push it when i got the hd2 .
Old 01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mbritt80 is keeping up the good workmbritt80 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
in before the close....

nice blaming obama for high phone bill taxes which is something he has very little control over. this is usually dictated at the local level.blaming a president over billing issues is the most ignorant thing anyone can do.
A case of idiocracy anyone?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Long story short Sprint says one of my lines phone has water damage and won't fix the keyboard. You can look under the battery cover and the one outside is red. Look on the battery and through the little hole to the main board and the sticker is fine. I am not dealing with these yoyo's at the store. Figure I will just call Asurion...I am hoping they don't give out a TP2 anymore...had way too many TP1s and TP2s with keyboard issues and oil screen issues.
Typical htc crap. Dead kb, oily rainbow lcd screen, underperforming non existing gpu, dead pixels, white spots on lcd with little banjo cousin. Demand ur money back op, tell them epic or prepare for war!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Sprint will NOT be giving Wp7 devices for TP2s..... your dreaming... HTC Pro 7 will be a flagship device for Sprint..

"and sprint picks up the p7"???......... you miss the announcement or something, Sprint is 100% getting the P7.. especially since the P7 was the only CDMA WP7 device shown at launch AND its Sprint branded...

you SERO people are a trip, like you have some birth right to ridiculously cheap plans.... "oh no, my bill might reach $50/month, what ever shall I do".. its just funny to read all SERO cust comments as you guys squeel at the idea of switching phones and plans some day... its quite amusing..

and btw, your 25% discount can be put on just about any plan..
Watch yo mouth! Im sero ftw!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Jeeezzz....all I wanted know was what phone they were giving. I don't want a 4g phone..no 4g here and Sprint EVDO sucks here..50 to 90 kilobits if you can get it to work. I roam on Verizon 3g quite a lot! Tickets galore opened on towers for th past 6 months with no fix in sight.

She is actually perfectly fine with the TP2..I have just lost all faith in HTC. I had 9 TP1s in 7 months. My other line had 6 in in 7 months. They hated me..I made them load all my apps and contacts everytime. Finally they gave us TP2s. They were a little better. Only had 2 or 3 within the year on each line.

Yes I live in Louisiana...high humidity. I didn't bring the phone to the store someone else did and Sprint threw their hands up when they saw the sticker. I assume they already flagged the phone as water damage. I guess I could go fight with them. Should be fun.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Oh wow, seriously dude?
you know damn well that statement has no place in this forum.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
you know damn well that statement has no place in this forum.
Take a pill.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2