PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   help with flashing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139016)

jcthelight 12-31-2010 01:06 AM

help with flashing

i tried to flash from my sd card and i get a screen that says loading and thats all it says i tried a few different roms and all have the same results any help is appreciated thanks

cmonex 12-31-2010 01:26 AM

Re: help with flashing

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcthelight (Post 2027140)
i tried to flash from my sd card and i get a screen that says loading and thats all it says i tried a few different roms and all have the same results any help is appreciated thanks

1) sd card is formatted fat32?
2) filename is correct? (RHODIMG.nbh)

horndoctor 12-31-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcthelight (Post 2027140)

This will probably get moved but...
I cut and pasted this from another post:

Step 1: find the rom/radio you wish to flash and download it
Step 2: extract the .nbh file out of said rom package (will usually be named RUU_SIGNED.nbh if the rom is packed in an exe use pocket rar to extract from your phone or 7zip/winrar from your pc)
Step 3: place rom on the root of your SD card (meaning not in any folders)
at this point you have two options I will keep the alternate path in green, If you want to use the app then skip the rest till you get to the green.
Step 4: rename the .nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh
Step 5: power down the device completely
Step 6: hold volume down and power (end key on the Verizon variant) till the screen boots into bootloader mode (red green blue screen)
Step 7: when prompted press power to flash
Step 8: wait for it to finish, sometimes it will restart on its own, sometime you need to restart it yourself but make sure you wait for the flash successful screen.

You should try to use a 2gb or less FAT32 formatted card.

majorassface 12-31-2010 08:02 AM

Listen to HornDoctor^^. If you still have trouble it's probably your sd card. I know I wasn't ablt to flash from my 8gb no matter what I tried. My 2 gb works fine!

jcthelight 12-31-2010 08:16 AM

i have a 1 gig sd car in it and its formatted to fat 32

FormerUSMC 12-31-2010 04:40 PM

Addendum to the question: Is there a reason that flashing from SD is better than USB? I have always used USB since I don't have a small SD card, and I am quite addicted. I flash my ROM at least once a week. :)

ffkip911 12-31-2010 05:21 PM

JC, like I pm'd you yesterday---make sure you are UNLOCKED 99% sure you are NOT unlocked. Follow the links I sent, then follow the directions.

Mods, move this thread please

jcthelight 12-31-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffkip911 (Post 2027431)
JC, like I pm'd you yesterday---make sure you are UNLOCKED 99% sure you are NOT unlocked. Follow the links I sent, then follow the directions.

Mods, move this thread please

i looked at settings/personal/sim security and it says your phone is sim unlocked

jcthelight 12-31-2010 05:51 PM

problem solved i had to update my hard spl thanks to all who helped

darren.wlsn1 12-31-2010 05:52 PM

moved