PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: At&T

rfrancoi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Newbie questions - Cooking HTC Tilt2

Everyone,

Still not very good at this. I've unlocked my phone HTC Tilt2 using a T-Mobile SIM card ($20) and the unlock code provided to me by AT&T.

But anyway, I've downloaded 2 ROMS (Energy.RHODIUM.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dec.27.7z, and Energy.RHODIUM.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dec.27.7z).

Q: What are my next steps?
Where can I find clear instructions on what to do next?

Thanks,
Reggie
Old 01-01-2011, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Newbie questions - Cooking HTC Tilt2

---removed the post to avoid confusion--- sorry again!

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

Last edited by cmonex; 01-01-2011 at 02:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

since u have a GSM model make sure u download and install GSM radios and HSPL only,flashing a CDMA one will give u a paperweight. and i dont recommend the NRG ROMs as the eye candy in them adds bloat thanks to CHT.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrancoi View Post
Everyone,

Still not very good at this. I've unlocked my phone HTC Tilt2 using a T-Mobile SIM card ($20) and the unlock code provided to me by AT&T.

But anyway, I've downloaded 2 ROMS (Energy.RHODIUM.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dec.27.7z, and Energy.RHODIUM.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dec.27.7z).

Q: What are my next steps?
Where can I find clear instructions on what to do next?

Thanks,
Reggie
Woah! I hate to say it but...
Don't listen to cmonex! lol

If you want to unlock and flash custom roms make sure you use the GSM HSPL unlocker for your Tilt2 here:
Hard-SPL Unlocker for Rhodium (AT&T Tilt 2) Released! Important Update for new users! - xda-developers

Then you need to download and flash roms made for GSM devices.
Good Luck!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:22 AM
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

whoa, sorry, you are right, I didn't notice it was a GSM rhodium. good thing I have code in it checking which device it is to avoid bricking the device =)

so yeah, the second link is the right one.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rfrancoi is a n00b

Guys,

I've already done all this. The phone is unlocked, and I have downloaded the ROM. What tool do I use to apply the ROM to my phone?
Thats the question that I have.

Thanks,
Reggie
Old 01-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrancoi
Guys,

I've already done all this. The phone is unlocked, and I have downloaded the ROM. What tool do I use to apply the ROM to my phone?
Thats the question that I have.

Thanks,
Reggie
Place the RUU somewhere on your PC that is easily accessible. Then turn your phone off for a moment. Then push and hold the volume down button and while holding that button down push and hold the power button until you see the rainbow bootloader screen. Verify that it says 0.85.OliNex to confirm your device is HSPL Unlocked. Toward the bottom of the screen it will say Serial. Connect your USB cable to your PC and it should now read USB. Then go to the RUU you downloaded to your PC and start it and follow the directions.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rfrancoi is a n00b

I unlocked with T-Mobile SIM card. I am under the impression that the phone did unlock because it said, "T-Mobile" at the time right. Although, when I put the phone in bootloader mode it doesnt say "0.85 OliNex". When I run the Rhodium app, it stays at 0% for about 5 minutes and then says that there is a communication error.

I tried 2 few things:
1. I copied the file to a 2GB SD card and put the phone in bootloaded mode. It stays at that screen and does nothing. I does say "Serial" at the bottom, and "234,831 Calibrated"

2. Did the same as above, and then plugged the phone to the USB of the computer. The word "Serial" changes to "US". I then launched the "Rhodium_SoftwareUpgrade.exe". It stays at 0% for about 5 minutes I get a communication error on the app on the computer.

I am officially at my wit's end.

Last edited by rfrancoi; 01-01-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

turning the phone off or pulling a battery is not necessary to put the device into bootloader. all thats needed is a soft reset app like psShutXP or even cleartemp and whie the screen goes off to soft reset press the volume down + power combination (or just vol down i forgot which exact one) and itll goto bootloader, i recently made this discovery by accident.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrancoi View Post
I unlocked with T-Mobile SIM card. I am under the impression that the phone did unlock because it said, "T-Mobile" at the time right. Although, when I put the phone in bootloader mode it doesnt say "0.85 OliNex". When I run the Rhodium app, it stays at 0% for about 5 minutes and then says that there is a communication error.

I tried 2 few things:
1. I copied the file to a 2GB SD card and put the phone in bootloaded mode. It stays at that screen and does nothing. I does say "Serial" at the bottom, and "234,831 Calibrated"

2. Did the same as above, and then plugged the phone to the USB of the computer. The word "Serial" changes to "US". I then launched the "Rhodium_SoftwareUpgrade.exe". It stays at 0% for about 5 minutes I get a communication error on the app on the computer.

I am officially at my wit's end.
SIM unlock if it was done by code, is unrelated to SPL unlock. you should follow the link horndoctor posted to flash the SPL.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
cooking, htc, tilt2