PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mias_Daddy
I think my phone is posessed!!! It wouldn't turn on all night, driving to work. I was going to bring it in to Sprint that day, get to work and the thing turns on by itself. Never touched it. Time for a new phone I think.

I was able to at least get the contacts off and save those. Now I just have to figure out how to import these contacts into my GMail account as I am sure my next one will either be the Evo or the shift. I am not certain I am a fan of the shift after seeing that it does not have a front facing camera and no HD capability and it is only a 5 mp camera....hmmmm
Did you even try a clear storage/hard reset or have you just decided that you want a new phone?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: TP2 Will not turn on

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Did you even try a clear storage/hard reset or have you just decided that you want a new phone?
jaja i know right?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 on Energy

coolmuke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have a similar problem. My phone hangs about once a week. and when it hangs, it does not boot up completely. It gets stuck at the windows screen. I have to leave the phone aside for an hour or two and finally the phone boots up completely automatically.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmuke View Post
I have a similar problem. My phone hangs about once a week. and when it hangs, it does not boot up completely. It gets stuck at the windows screen. I have to leave the phone aside for an hour or two and finally the phone boots up completely automatically.
That sounds like a problem with your micro SD storage card. Take the card out and try booting again. If it boots fine and does not hang, use your computer to format the SD card (fat32) - first back up anything on the card - and start over.

Most of the hanging issues with the TP2 are usually related to a problem with the storage card.

Hope that helps.

David
Old 01-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Lurker

coolmuke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
That sounds like a problem with your micro SD storage card. Take the card out and try booting again. If it boots fine and does not hang, use your computer to format the SD card (fat32) - first back up anything on the card - and start over.

Most of the hanging issues with the TP2 are usually related to a problem with the storage card.

Hope that helps.

David
Thanks David. I tried removing the card but still hangs at the windows screen. Here is the fun part - While its stuck, if someone calls me, i can answer the call and talk to them. I can click on the start button and open any program including the phone and IE and even browse. The response is little slow and it cannot go back to the Today screen when i close the application. I have to leave the phone for about an hour and then everything will seem fine.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

{cough}
Clear storage time!
{cough}

I feel like I have said this before.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Lurker

coolmuke is a n00b

Quote:

{cough}
Clear storage time!
{cough}

How do you clear storage time?
Edit: I googled and found that clearing storage will reset my phone. Please dont tell me this is the only solution. I will have to re-install everything and i dont even remember what I installed ads what registry I had changed.

Last edited by coolmuke; 01-02-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:03 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:

{cough}
Clear storage time!
{cough}

Now that's Funny!=D>
You get a thanks for the Laugh. Also enjoyed his follow up question!

If you own a TP2 you're better off keeping all your apps in a folder on the SD, backing up with PimBackup regularly, and be willing to Hard Reset at Any given Moment! Your life will be much easier!
Wouldn't hurt to keep a text file of all the mods you made on the SD card as well. Be Prepared, be very Prepared!

Last edited by gullzway; 01-02-2011 at 01:06 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
fandroid, spam