PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wi-Fi Router Help Please

Hey Guys, if there is anyone out there that might be able to help me? I have a touch pro 2 and have rtied running numerous roms. Mightys, Leads, Vins. My problem is when I turn on wifi router my laptop picks up perfectly but if I turn on my touch pro2 or my evo that has no service it wont detect my pro2 wifi router. Yes I did turn the wifi on the pro2, evo and my wifes nook with no luck. Is there an ssid number on my pro2 that I can manually enter in these other devices? Or am I missing something? Like I said my laptop picks up perfectly but the other devices dont. Thanks for your help. T M Z
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Wi-Fi Router Help Please

I hope I read it right, but if you're trying to use the tp2 router and it doesn't have service, it won't work. You have to have service on it, I hope I read it right .
Old 12-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz
Hey Guys, if there is anyone out there that might be able to help me? I have a touch pro 2 and have rtied running numerous roms. Mightys, Leads, Vins. My problem is when I turn on wifi router my laptop picks up perfectly but if I turn on my touch pro2 or my evo that has no service it wont detect my pro2 wifi router. Yes I did turn the wifi on the pro2, evo and my wifes nook with no luck. Is there an ssid number on my pro2 that I can manually enter in these other devices? Or am I missing something? Like I said my laptop picks up perfectly but the other devices dont. Thanks for your help. T M Z
You're confused Dr.

Hey Tony!
Have you tried different versions of the WiFi app?
That's strange that none of the other devices will connect.
Maybe try using the shipped 6.1 rom?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. Dr. 8820 I do have service on the Touch Pro 2 that I am trying to send the WiFi signal out. It's the other device that does not have service, and I'm turning on those devices.

Horndoctor, by any chance do you have a link to the most current WiFi app? And to your 6.1 remark, I can'r leave 6.5 now... I've gotten too use to it. But thanks foryour suggestion.

And thanks for the 2 of you replying.

T M Z
Old 12-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

No problem bro . I'm on my phone, but search Tom codon WiFi router, I use it and it works great.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:59 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Ok here is whats going on...when using the router app on your TP2 in winmo...it will make an Ad-Hoc network...most Android phones/devices(like Evo and Nook) do not support Ad-Hoc networks as is..

You gotta install a modified WPA_Supplicant on your android devices so they can see Ad-Hoc networks.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. Dr. 8820 I do have service on the Touch Pro 2 that I am trying to send the WiFi signal out. It's the other device that does not have service, and I'm turning on those devices.

Horndoctor, by any chance do you have a link to the most current WiFi app? And to your 6.1 remark, I can'r leave 6.5 now... I've gotten too use to it. But thanks foryour suggestion.

And thanks for the 2 of you replying.

T M Z
Here's the one I have right now:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Comm Manager 2.9.5.0 Suite w/ Wifi Sharing v1.1 [NEW TEST CABS 09/04/2009]
Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Ok here is whats going on...when using the router app on your TP2 in winmo...it will make an Ad-Hoc network...most Android phones/devices(like Evo and Nook) do not support Ad-Hoc networks as is..

You gotta install a modified WPA_Supplicant on your android devices so they can see Ad-Hoc networks.
Thanks and thanks everyone for the replys. Did get it working from touch pro2 to touch pro2 now I just have to figure out how to do this for the EVO ( Install a modified WPA_Supplicant ) and where to get it. Anyone done this ? and know where or how I can get and do this ? thanks so much T M Z
Old 12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Thanks and thanks everyone for the replys. Did get it working from touch pro2 to touch pro2 now I just have to figure out how to do this for the EVO ( Install a modified WPA_Supplicant ) and where to get it. Anyone done this ? and know where or how I can get and do this ? thanks so much T M Z
This one works on Galaxy S devices...but I can't guarantee that it will work on the evo..make a backup of the wpa_supplicant and your rom before trying...

(There are multiple versions and some work on some devices and not others)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...-wifi-fix.html
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

You should be able to find a modified wpa_supplicant that enables WiFi Ad-Hoc network connections on your EVO over at xda. That said, I'd recommend that you verify the specific version of wpa_supplicant on your EVO first. Then you can locate and test the correct modified version to see if it works. The terminal command is "wpa_supplicant -v" without the quotes. With Desire HD or Z builds on the HD2, I had the v0.6.10 version, and needed to download and test a few before finally finding one that worked as intended.

To install it on the HD2, I just make sure wifi is turned off, and use Root Explorer to copy the original wpa_supplicant in /system/bin to somewhere safe on storage card. Then copy the modified version to /system/bin, fast reboot, and test away. In your case, I'm guessing you'll need to find one signed and update it through recovery.

If it helps at all, here's a link for the one that works on the latest Desire HD and Z builds:

[MISC] Enable Adhoc Networks - xda-developers

Best to all,
R

*Sprint TP2 with a solid 6.5.x ROM by Vin255764 & Radio 2.32.00WU
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2