PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Wi-Fi Router Help Please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138969)

tmz 12-29-2010 07:32 PM

Wi-Fi Router Help Please

Hey Guys, if there is anyone out there that might be able to help me? I have a touch pro 2 and have rtied running numerous roms. Mightys, Leads, Vins. My problem is when I turn on wifi router my laptop picks up perfectly but if I turn on my touch pro2 or my evo that has no service it wont detect my pro2 wifi router. Yes I did turn the wifi on the pro2, evo and my wifes nook with no luck. Is there an ssid number on my pro2 that I can manually enter in these other devices](*,)? Or am I missing something? Like I said my laptop picks up perfectly but the other devices dont. Thanks for your help. T M Z

Dr.8820 12-29-2010 07:48 PM

Re: Wi-Fi Router Help Please

I hope I read it right, but if you're trying to use the tp2 router and it doesn't have service, it won't work. You have to have service on it, I hope I read it right :).

horndoctor 12-29-2010 08:31 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmz
Hey Guys, if there is anyone out there that might be able to help me? I have a touch pro 2 and have rtied running numerous roms. Mightys, Leads, Vins. My problem is when I turn on wifi router my laptop picks up perfectly but if I turn on my touch pro2 or my evo that has no service it wont detect my pro2 wifi router. Yes I did turn the wifi on the pro2, evo and my wifes nook with no luck. Is there an ssid number on my pro2 that I can manually enter in these other devices](*,)? Or am I missing something? Like I said my laptop picks up perfectly but the other devices dont. Thanks for your help. T M Z

You're confused Dr. ;)

Hey Tony!
Have you tried different versions of the WiFi app?
That's strange that none of the other devices will connect.
Maybe try using the shipped 6.1 rom? :dontknow:

tmz 12-29-2010 09:56 PM

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. Dr. 8820 I do have service on the Touch Pro 2 that I am trying to send the WiFi signal out. It's the other device that does not have service, and I'm turning on those devices.

Horndoctor, by any chance do you have a link to the most current WiFi app? And to your 6.1 remark, I can'r leave 6.5 now... I've gotten too use to it. But thanks foryour suggestion.

And thanks for the 2 of you replying.

T M Z

Dr.8820 12-29-2010 10:06 PM

No problem bro :). I'm on my phone, but search Tom codon WiFi router, I use it and it works great.

gTen 12-30-2010 12:59 AM

Ok here is whats going on...when using the router app on your TP2 in winmo...it will make an Ad-Hoc network...most Android phones/devices(like Evo and Nook) do not support Ad-Hoc networks as is..

You gotta install a modified WPA_Supplicant on your android devices so they can see Ad-Hoc networks.

horndoctor 12-30-2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmz (Post 2026498)
Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. Dr. 8820 I do have service on the Touch Pro 2 that I am trying to send the WiFi signal out. It's the other device that does not have service, and I'm turning on those devices.

Horndoctor, by any chance do you have a link to the most current WiFi app? And to your 6.1 remark, I can'r leave 6.5 now... I've gotten too use to it. But thanks foryour suggestion.

And thanks for the 2 of you replying.

T M Z

Here's the one I have right now:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Comm Manager 2.9.5.0 Suite w/ Wifi Sharing v1.1 [NEW TEST CABS 09/04/2009]

tmz 12-30-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2026615)
Ok here is whats going on...when using the router app on your TP2 in winmo...it will make an Ad-Hoc network...most Android phones/devices(like Evo and Nook) do not support Ad-Hoc networks as is..

You gotta install a modified WPA_Supplicant on your android devices so they can see Ad-Hoc networks.

Thanks and thanks everyone for the replys. Did get it working from touch pro2 to touch pro2 now I just have to figure out how to do this for the EVO ( Install a modified WPA_Supplicant ) and where to get it. Anyone done this ? and know where or how I can get and do this ? thanks so much T M Z

gTen 12-30-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmz (Post 2026734)
Thanks and thanks everyone for the replys. Did get it working from touch pro2 to touch pro2 now I just have to figure out how to do this for the EVO ( Install a modified WPA_Supplicant ) and where to get it. Anyone done this ? and know where or how I can get and do this ? thanks so much T M Z

This one works on Galaxy S devices...but I can't guarantee that it will work on the evo..make a backup of the wpa_supplicant and your rom before trying...

(There are multiple versions and some work on some devices and not others)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...-wifi-fix.html

rhacy 12-30-2010 10:10 PM

You should be able to find a modified wpa_supplicant that enables WiFi Ad-Hoc network connections on your EVO over at xda. That said, I'd recommend that you verify the specific version of wpa_supplicant on your EVO first. Then you can locate and test the correct modified version to see if it works. The terminal command is "wpa_supplicant -v" without the quotes. With Desire HD or Z builds on the HD2, I had the v0.6.10 version, and needed to download and test a few before finally finding one that worked as intended.

To install it on the HD2, I just make sure wifi is turned off, and use Root Explorer to copy the original wpa_supplicant in /system/bin to somewhere safe on storage card. Then copy the modified version to /system/bin, fast reboot, and test away. In your case, I'm guessing you'll need to find one signed and update it through recovery.

If it helps at all, here's a link for the one that works on the latest Desire HD and Z builds:

[MISC] Enable Adhoc Networks - xda-developers

Best to all,
R