PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Free Space Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138938)

kf4qhk 12-28-2010 11:36 PM

Free Space Question

Hey guys,

I have a TP2 with a 16 GB card in it.

I think that the default for the camera and camcorder is the phone itself, I have had to go in and move stuff from the phone to the card. How can I make sure that I have done it, and, how can I make sure that the default for the card/camcorder is the memory card?

Also, according to the Settings tab, there are only 5 MB free on the phone. How can I make sure that there aren't any unnecessary files on the phone that need to be on the card?

Thanks.

Jeremy

kf4qhk 12-29-2010 12:31 AM

Re: Free Space Question

Hey guys,

I can't figure out how to change the default directory on my TP2 where the pictures/videos are saved.

I have went into both the camera and camcorder, and, selected Memory Card, but, it still saves it to the phone.

It recognizes the memory card.

HELP!

eric12341 12-29-2010 12:56 AM

what ROM are u using? to delete large files that are swallowing up space on ur phone go here: open fille explorer and goto my device>application data>HTC>HTC ALBUM>cache and delete those large files in there. this is the biggest culprit of storage memory being taken away and then look for the DCIM folder and move that to the storage card tambien.

kf4qhk 12-29-2010 01:01 AM

What are those files? What will it affect if I delete those?

boredandtattooed 12-29-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kf4qhk (Post 2025874)
What are those files? What will it affect if I delete those?

nothing, album will just load a little bit slower the next time

horndoctor 12-29-2010 04:40 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kf4qhk
Hey guys,

I can't figure out how to change the default directory on my TP2 where the pictures/videos are saved.

I have went into both the camera and camcorder, and, selected Memory Card, but, it still saves it to the phone.

HELP!

You should be able to select your card as the save location while the camera app is running in settings. If not something is wrong. Maybe you should do a backup and hard reset then configure the save location in the camera app.

weims09 12-29-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kf4qhk (Post 2025857)
Hey guys,

HELP!

You may want to try following steps:

1. Modify the following registry value:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\General\EnableDCIM set the value to 0.

2. Open up camera and select Memory Card. Do the same thing for camcorder.

Hopefully this will do the trick.

kf4qhk 12-29-2010 11:08 PM

How do I do that, edit the registry?

treotraveler 12-30-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kf4qhk (Post 2026549)
How do I do that, edit the registry?

Use a registry editor like PHM reg editor or Resco reg editor. Use a full backup app like Sprite or SPB Mobile backup and do a full backup of your device prior to making reg edits incase you bork a registry value.

Read up on registry editing if you never messed with it before.