PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   best rom for sprint tp2 on boost (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138905)

jcthelight 12-28-2010 10:54 AM

best rom for sprint tp2 on boost

ok i want to hear opinions on the best rom for a sprint tp2 on boost now my tp2 is gsm and cdma capable and i think its sim unlocked what ever that means i think means you can use it on other carriers

darren.wlsn1 12-28-2010 02:15 PM

Re: best rom for sprint tp2 on boost

moved

eric12341 12-28-2010 02:53 PM

it really depends on what you want:

if you want the best RAM,stability and multitasking capabilities combined but at the cost of eye candy: go for the sprint basics v1.4 6.1 ROM (build 21057) i always find myself back on this rom after trying the many other custom roms

if you want a balance of RAM,stability,multitasking and eye candy: then go for any 6.5 ROM with a build of 21914 or higher such as Vin's neodium,lead rom,sharkie rom and userROM.

if you want more eye candy but at the cost of RAM,stability and multitasking then you'll want to try a 6.5.x rom (start button on bottom) these roms are: vin's plutonium, NRG ROM,mighty rom full force.

jcthelight 12-28-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2025521)

if you want the best RAM,stability and multitasking capabilities combined but at the cost of eye candy: go for the sprint basics v1.4 6.1 ROM (build 21057) i always find myself back on this rom after trying the many other custom roms

if you want a balance of RAM,stability,multitasking and eye candy: then go for any 6.5 ROM with a build of 21914 or higher such as Vin's neodium,lead rom,sharkie rom and userROM.

if you want more eye candy but at the cost of RAM,stability and multitasking then you'll want to try a 6.5.x rom (start button on bottom) these roms are: vin's plutonium, NRG ROM,mighty rom full force.

i was looking at energy rom the one like android think is max sense the screen shot next to titanium

eric12341 12-28-2010 03:42 PM

flash that and you'll experience exactly what i was telling you about in the last paragraph of my post. but,i guess you don't care about multitasking that much but its been for my experience on this site that alot of the beginners do go for the eye candy roms.

jcthelight 12-28-2010 03:48 PM

i really dont multitask i end my apps after i use em only one app at a time

eric12341 12-28-2010 03:57 PM

wow so u mean to tell me that uve never listened to music while sending a text or browsing the web? thats what multitasking is. if u had a ROM with a RAM deficiency (which the stock 6.5 and eye candy roms suffer from) u would not be able to do this for example listen to music and browse the web, get a text message and goto reply to it then ur web browser closes out right in the middle of the page u were looking at. but if thats what u want to happen then i cant really stop u.

ndno 12-28-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Hey Eric, where is the v1.4 6.1 ROM you mentioned located (this is a custom ROM correct, not Sprint's stock ROM which I hate)? Is there any chef that still work with 6.1 ROM, as it seems outdated?

In terms of 6.5 ROMs, which one do you recommend? I have been on MightyRom 6.5 (his last version before he got the boot from here) for a long time. Energy ROM seems to drain my battery too fast. I've tried VIN and Sharkie and VIN seems to give me the best reception (not sure why since people say reception has nothing to do with the ROM) and battery life. Energy is nice eye candy but it's a little sluggish compared to the others.

eric12341 12-28-2010 05:12 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...-6-1-only.html

there's the 6.1 rom it is hands down the best for RAM,stability and multitasking.

the 6.5 roms i reccomend are the LEAD ROM i used it and its almost like the 6.1 rom, the RAM remains decent until maybe the 3rd day then ull have to soft reset, he recently made a new one which supposedly is faster and even more stable but i dont know for sure as i havent tried it. the userROM by elesbb also looks promising but if its like freezas rom ull have to install everything even EZInput and the installable EZInput only has english as a selection for SIP which could be a problem if u speak more than one language. and pretty soon im gonna release the roms im cooking as soon as i can figure out how to get one to boot. im gonna be making a 6.5 rom and a 6.1 rom with spanish versions of each.

pl0323 12-28-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Great info, many thanks.. I like energy roms, however, been waiting for timberwolf's last rom.