PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 01:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

JTuck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Showing Wrong Network

I flashed my phone back to stock today before going to flash Energy's XMas ROM and noticed it was roaming. Data didn't work, but I could make calls, but *228 went to Verizon. So I manually put a US Cellular PRL on my phone and it went out of roaming but showed Cellular South as my network, *228 went to US Cell so I got the updated PRL. Data still didn't work so I went back in to the EPST and changed a few settings in Security and MIP. Phone fully works now, calls and data but it still shows Cellular South as the network instead of US Cellular.

Think my EPST got messed up as it shows < No Data> for Manufacturers Date / Original Activation Date / Warranty Date Code

I've tried re-flashing stock ROM about 5 times, Task29, and calling *228 about 3 times(btw my MSL is 000000, even after *228, is that normal?).

Any ideas on why it is showing Cellular South as my network?

*Edit*
I ran an Alltel PPST cab for the hell of it and it removed the banner completely but did nothing else, all my settings are the same in ##778 and everything still works. Anybody know how to make a PPST cab to put US Cell as my Banner? The USCC PPST cab don't seem to change anything.

Also, I believe this happened after I flashed Energy's Xmas ROM not before.

Last edited by JTuck; 12-23-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: TP2 Showing Wrong Network

Are you just wanting to change what it says in the info bar at the top of the home screen? For instance, where mine says "sprint"?

If so, in CHT editor go to misc and scroll down to custom operator text. I'm pretty sure thats where you can change it.

Edit... yep, renamed my phone from "sprint" to "Davids Phone"

David
Old 12-24-2010, 07:55 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

+1 to what dave said just change it via cht editor!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

JTuck is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Are you just wanting to change what it says in the info bar at the top of the home screen? For instance, where mine says "sprint"?

If so, in CHT editor go to misc and scroll down to custom operator text. I'm pretty sure thats where you can change it.

Edit... yep, renamed my phone from "sprint" to "Davids Phone"

David
That is what I am doing now, not a big deal seeing how everything works. Just wounder how it all got messed up in the first place.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2