PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Johnhcfllc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boost TP2 Bricked after Task29 Help!

OK, had an issue with error 67 not letting me get email and such (Emergy ROM). So, I wanted to install stock Sprint ROM. Ran Task29 and when the phone rebooted all that comes up is the HTC screen. I have hard reset several times, nothing! Removed and replaced the battery sevral time and hard reset, still only see HTC screen and can not get past that screen. Have tried with plugged into computer and stand alone. Soft reset works but again stops at the HTC screen. I can use the computer becuase I can't get past the HTC screen. If I take it to a Sprint place, will they know it was on Boost? Can they fix it? Will they? I have 4 TP2's on Boost thanks to you all here. This one is my daughters and she was playing around with it when this issued came up. The others seem to be working fine!.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

eric3938 is just getting started
Re: Boost TP2 Bricked after Task29 Help!

Take off the battery cover and hold the volume down button and press the reset button with the stylus. This should get you to boot-loader(a screen with just colors and some words and numbers). Then you should be able to plug in the usb cable and flash a different rom.

Look here for more info............http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=5845908

Last edited by eric3938; 01-14-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

FYI,

task29 is basically an "empty" ROM. It erases EVERYTHING and only leaves a boot screen. so just seeing a boot-screen is good, it means it worked. Just do as eric said above.

When you run the RUU through active-sync to flash a ROM, all the RUU does is put your phone into bootloader mode then flash it, what you do when you hold vol down on reset is manually putting it into bootloader mode. The RUU will recognize and flash it just as if you did it thru active sync.

You can also just flash a ROM thru SD card if you want. If you want to do that and don't know how let us know and we'll steer you in the right direction
Old 01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Johnhcfllc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
FYI,

task29 is basically an "empty" ROM. It erases EVERYTHING and only leaves a boot screen. so just seeing a boot-screen is good, it means it worked. Just do as eric said above.

When you run the RUU through active-sync to flash a ROM, all the RUU does is put your phone into bootloader mode then flash it, what you do when you hold vol down on reset is manually putting it into bootloader mode. The RUU will recognize and flash it just as if you did it thru active sync.

You can also just flash a ROM thru SD card if you want. If you want to do that and don't know how let us know and we'll steer you in the right direction
OK I am using windows 7. ot the bootlog rainbow screen, plugged TP2 into computer and tried to run RUU, when I did that, the screen on the TP2 changed to the HTC screen and and started to cycle the HTC scren then restart the phone, a momentary hang on the HTC scrren then restart again. The computer comes up with a 260 error on the RUU, which I think is telling me the computer is not reading that the TP2 is connected
Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Johnhcfllc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
FYI,

Yes I would like to know how to flash thru SD card. But I don't see how that will work if the phone can't be identified to computer, and can't boot up past the HTC scren?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhcfllc View Post
Yes I would like to know how to flash thru SD card. But I don't see how that will work if the phone can't be identified to computer, and can't boot up past the HTC scren?
Here's a link to the sticky in this section, may be your ticket.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...2-sd-card.html
Old 01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhcfllc View Post
OK I am using windows 7. ot the bootlog rainbow screen, plugged TP2 into computer and tried to run RUU, when I did that, the screen on the TP2 changed to the HTC screen and and started to cycle the HTC scren then restart the phone, a momentary hang on the HTC scrren then restart again. The computer comes up with a 260 error on the RUU, which I think is telling me the computer is not reading that the TP2 is connected
In the white part of the bootloader screen it should say USB before you try to flash, this indicates connection is made. You can also look here - post 4 Re: Update Error: [260] Connection - T-Mobile Community
Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

moved...
Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

task29 is supposed to do that. nothing to worry about. now u can download and flash vin's latest neo rom. its worlds better than energy rom.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Johnhcfllc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3938 View Post
Take off the battery cover and hold the volume down button and press the reset button with the stylus. This should get you to boot-loader(a screen with just colors and some words and numbers). Then you should be able to plug in the usb cable and flash a different rom.

Look here for more info............[REF] Task 29 (format) without drivers, without mtty. - xda-developers

Well, thanks for the help, I got the phone up and running again, but the reson I went back to the stock Sprint 6.5 Rom was I was getting a Data Call Error Code 67, guess what, I have it again! What next? Is hacking a phone worth it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dumb boost mobile n00b