PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yonif99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't seem to figure out this email thing!!!

So a few q's about email. First is, how do I choose what folders I recieve? On the TP there was an option to download "sent items", "bulk", and "trash" to your phone. On the tp2 there seems to be no way. I can't organize my folders wherever I look.

Also, why can't I choose how many days of emails I want to download? It seems to automatically be stuck on the last 7 days, but lets say I want the past 30 days?

And finally, where can I choose how it downloads the email? I used to choose all words, no attachments. Now it seems to choose 2kb so every time i get an email I have to download the rest again before I can read it.

On the tp, these options were all there!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started
Re: Can't seem to figure out this email thing!!!

go to start and hit the e-mail link.
the options that you are looking for are located there. Once you select an account, click menu and options.'

hope it helps
Old 12-22-2010, 10:57 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

there still there.... if youve already set up the email: goto email>menu>tools>options> tap the email account to edit... youll see edit setup, send/recieve schedule, and download size...

i think its self explanatory from here....
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yonif99 is a n00b

Wow, you guys are right. I don't understand why when you go to settings the other way those features aren't there. Very odd...
Old 12-22-2010, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yonif99 is a n00b

Oh wait. Yeah still one problem. Where is the "manage folders" option? So that I can choose what folders it downloads? Right now it only downloads inbox, whereas I want "sent" and "trash" also.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:44 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonif99 View Post
Oh wait. Yeah still one problem. Where is the "manage folders" option? So that I can choose what folders it downloads? Right now it only downloads inbox, whereas I want "sent" and "trash" also.
for which email provider... gmail shows me sent trash etc.. yet, yahoo doesnt and never has...

and where do you think this option was in the TP1?? i still have use TP1s and the email setup process is the same
Old 12-22-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yonif99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
for which email provider... gmail shows me sent trash etc.. yet, yahoo doesnt and never has...

and where do you think this option was in the TP1?? i still have use TP1s and the email setup process is the same
On the tp1 if you went into your email (not options) click on menu, on of the choices on the list is, "manage folders". If you click this there is a check box where you can check off what you want your tp1 to download. No such thing on the tp2.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch

aammiitt is keeping up the good workaammiitt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonif99 View Post
Go to ur Email....(clicking on the mail icon and assuming U have already set an email account such as hotmail / gmail.. up)

Then go to the very top in the list... as in the name of the account.. NOT the "inbox" or "sent" or any other default folder... and then click "menu / options .." on bottom right. You should see "manage folders" ... then just simply check the folders in ur account that u want to be downloaded...

Hope that helps.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

hate to break it to you OP, but your wrong(see screenshots)... its in menu>tools second from the top...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot5.jpg (7.0 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot7.jpg (7.7 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yonif99 is a n00b

Oh thanks. Figured it out. Just had to scroll down in the menu drop down list. I didn't realize there was more below, because there was no scrolling bar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2