PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Can't seem to figure out this email thing!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138710)

yonif99 12-22-2010 10:48 AM

Can't seem to figure out this email thing!!!

So a few q's about email. First is, how do I choose what folders I recieve? On the TP there was an option to download "sent items", "bulk", and "trash" to your phone. On the tp2 there seems to be no way. I can't organize my folders wherever I look.

Also, why can't I choose how many days of emails I want to download? It seems to automatically be stuck on the last 7 days, but lets say I want the past 30 days?

And finally, where can I choose how it downloads the email? I used to choose all words, no attachments. Now it seems to choose 2kb so every time i get an email I have to download the rest again before I can read it.

On the tp, these options were all there! :???:

touch-this-pro 12-22-2010 10:55 AM

Re: Can't seem to figure out this email thing!!!

go to start and hit the e-mail link.
the options that you are looking for are located there. Once you select an account, click menu and options.'

hope it helps

boredandtattooed 12-22-2010 10:57 AM

there still there.... if youve already set up the email: goto email>menu>tools>options> tap the email account to edit... youll see edit setup, send/recieve schedule, and download size...

i think its self explanatory from here....

yonif99 12-22-2010 11:16 AM

Wow, you guys are right. I don't understand why when you go to settings the other way those features aren't there. Very odd...

yonif99 12-22-2010 11:21 AM

Oh wait. Yeah still one problem. Where is the "manage folders" option? So that I can choose what folders it downloads? Right now it only downloads inbox, whereas I want "sent" and "trash" also.

boredandtattooed 12-22-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonif99 (Post 2018050)
Oh wait. Yeah still one problem. Where is the "manage folders" option? So that I can choose what folders it downloads? Right now it only downloads inbox, whereas I want "sent" and "trash" also.

for which email provider... gmail shows me sent trash etc.. yet, yahoo doesnt and never has...

and where do you think this option was in the TP1?? i still have use TP1s and the email setup process is the same

yonif99 12-22-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2018063)
for which email provider... gmail shows me sent trash etc.. yet, yahoo doesnt and never has...

and where do you think this option was in the TP1?? i still have use TP1s and the email setup process is the same

On the tp1 if you went into your email (not options) click on menu, on of the choices on the list is, "manage folders". If you click this there is a check box where you can check off what you want your tp1 to download. No such thing on the tp2.

aammiitt 12-22-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonif99 (Post 2018050)

Go to ur Email....(clicking on the mail icon and assuming U have already set an email account such as hotmail / gmail.. up)

Then go to the very top in the list... as in the name of the account.. NOT the "inbox" or "sent" or any other default folder... and then click "menu / options .." on bottom right. You should see "manage folders" ... then just simply check the folders in ur account that u want to be downloaded...

Hope that helps.

boredandtattooed 12-22-2010 02:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hate to break it to you OP, but your wrong(see screenshots)... its in menu>tools second from the top...

yonif99 12-23-2010 01:51 AM

Oh thanks. Figured it out. Just had to scroll down in the menu drop down list. I didn't realize there was more below, because there was no scrolling bar.