PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PSGroove PS3 jailbreak (smartphones)

http://www.myce.com/news/psgroove-ps...tphones-34033/

Just saw this. Now from what I read the hack works off of Linux based smartphones. Will this be possible from a TP2 running Android? I am leaving this for the smarter folks because I think it will but I am not sure.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: PSGroove PS3 jailbreak (smartphones)

psgroove port on TP2

Last edited by one80oneday; 09-08-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:51 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

from this OP link A post over at xda-developers.com states that the hack will, “will work on MSM72K Devices ONLY. That means phones with a qualcomm CPU like the the Desire or older phones like the G1/Hero e.t.c. The main requirement of the phone is that it can run a custom kernel.”

I dont think TP2 can run Custom Kernals, can it?? if it could wouldnt that mean its rooted and can flash Custom Android Roms?/(which as of now we cant do..

heres a little more from the XDA origin link: This will work on MSM72K Devices ONLY. That means phones with a qualcomm CPU like the the Desire or older phones like the G1/Hero e.t.c.
The main requirement of the phone is that it can run a custom kernel, this means Sense 2.2 ROMs (Which as of yet cannot run a custom kernel) CANNOT use this. The mod needs you to remove USB ADB, USB Tethering and USB Mass Storage to work. Therefore realistically speaking you need to use it from a NANDROID backup.

An S3C port (Samsung Galaxy S) is in the very early stages of development. This one is nearly finished barring a few minor problems involving timing.

TP2 uses a Qualcomm 7200A chip, the devices theyre using run a Qualcomm MSM7201A chip i believe... however Android does overclock with MSM7201A doenst it??

Id say it may be possible one day, but not yet.. since TP2 still cant have Rooted ANdroid and run a custom Kernal...
Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6950
Carrier: Cricket

ljohnson1981 is a n00b

HD2 is done for the PS3 hack now just so you guys know.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thumbs down Re: PSGroove PS3 jailbreak (smartphones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
search dude

I did dude. But thanks for the help.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Not very hard then cus there's already another thread...
psgroove port on TP2

It was on the first page of TP2 forum when you opened this. Having several threads about the same topic doesn't make it happen any faster, just makes it harder to navigate this site.
Again thanks for the help. I obviously missed it otherwise I most likely would not have made another thread. I am sorry I made it harder for you to navigate this forum, I know how difficult it can get.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Not sure if you saw this yet...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8065688&postcount=13
Need to get myself a PS3 LOL

Last edited by one80oneday; 09-08-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Ally
Carrier: Verizon

Drunk Vegan is a n00b

Here is a list of the phones that can currently be used to jailbreak the PS3, or are in the process of having the jailbreak coded to them.

As you can see almost 30 phones are already coded to be able to run the PS3 Jailbreak, and quite a few more are in the process of being coded or at least capable of having a port made.

My apologies if this is a repost, but I didn't see it anywhere, and the search feature for vB doesn't really work for thread titles.

The list as of Sept. 20, 2010:
(can see updated version @ Device compatibility list - PSFreedom Wiki)

Old 12-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok, so I realize this isn't new anymore, and i still haven't actually used this info, but good work at getting me back to the PPCGeeks site and helping me find a good use for my TP2 which is still my current phone. Stupid sprint and their EVO tax!
Old 12-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN
Ok, so I realize this isn't new anymore, and i still haven't actually used this info, but good work at getting me back to the PPCGeeks site and helping me find a good use for my TP2 which is still my current phone. Stupid sprint and their EVO tax!
lol
It's good to see you around these parts!

Now, what would you need from us to get you interested in createing another hspl unlocker for our TP2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2