PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 02:48 AM
heyhi11

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
what is over clocking?

I saw some vids on youtube , what is over clocking?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what is over clocking?

You should really search before posting. I am going to assume you know what overclocking is, and not bother defining it for you. Check out these other threads for more assistance. All I do is install NetRipper’s Msm7KCpuSpeed application. This gives the ability to overclock your processor. Then you need another app or script to basically control this one to make sure it is running at the speed you select for your processor. I use the tried-and-true method of SetCpuSpeed-1.0d.cab installed to my SD card. Some people use other methods to better control the processor especially when it is not in use – in effect underclocking it – therefore conserving the battery. Good luck, and have fun.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/138644-anyone-overclocked-their-tp2.html

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...g-nrg-rom.html
Attached Files
File Type: cab Msm7kCpuSpeed_v2.cab (61.1 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SetCpuSpeed-1.0d.cab (138.8 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 AM
heyhi11

no clue what it does can some 1 expain
Old 12-22-2010, 03:34 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhi11 View Post
Your CPU and many other things are generally clocked at a frequency..in the TP2's case its clocked at 528mhz..you can increase this clock speed to make your phone faster..but there are side effects such as heat, energy use and/or frying your CPU...

Each computer chip is unique and while some increased clock rates are generally safe, it is advised to overclock little by little then gauge the stability..

Overclocking can be done to anything from computer cpus, to cellphone cpus, to ram, graphic card GPUs and etc...also to note overclocking generally voids your warranty...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-22-2010, 04:01 AM
heyhi11

Which over clocking cab works best?
Old 12-22-2010, 05:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Which over clocking cab works best?
I really wish you would learn how to use the "SEARCH" button, There is TONS of threads about this, spend a little time searching and reading to give you an idea what works better for each.

Overclocking makes the CPU run at a faster speed (just like a computer), with the TP2, it will give a minor boost but, not a major one. I find it helps with programs or videos that are just a little slow or slugish on the TP2, the little boost can help them run and play better.

With this being said, take a look here, it goes through some of the overclocking on the TP2 and the settings with their results, This is where I learned about it and got it working.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-settings.html

Good luck

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 12-22-2010 at 05:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I really wish you would learn how to use the "SEARCH" button, There is TONS of threads about this, spend a little time searching and reading to give you an idea what works better for each.

If you searched, even looked 4 rows below your post you would of seen a thread on this. This thread should not even be here...

With this being said, take a look here, it goes through some of the overclocking on the TP2 and the settings with their results, This is where I learned about it and got it working.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-settings.html

Mods I think this thread should be closed.
Agree there is a lot of info on this site. You might also want to check this out too
[APP] WiMoSpeed: [2010-12-18] V1.01 - xda-developers
Old 12-22-2010, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Wow

Click this (if it's not too much trouble).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Wow

Click this (if it's not too much trouble).
wow mas de cincuenta and still starting threads about the obvious. he has the most threads started out of anyone i've seen this year. more than half of his posts are new threads asking the obvious and already most likely had a thread on the same page if not on the next one.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:10 PM
heyhi11

Im gonna try wimospeed. I got it set at 595 mhz
At what speed should I stop bien greedy?

Last edited by heyhi11; 12-22-2010 at 04:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2