PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SNYPE2K9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Going back to WinMo from Android (Samsung Moment) TP or TP2?

After 6 months with a Samsung Moment, I am still unhappy with it. I upgraded because I accidentally scratched up my screen with my keys. I have rooted my Moment and kept current on the scene but I'm just not seeing what I want to see from it. Hardware 3D and multi-touch are in the works, but at the same time I don't think that will save it in my eyes. My headphone port is also starting to go which is very discouraging as well. I of course came back to WinMo because I know WinMo and love WinMo and I see my old device handling Android just as well as my Moment. Now I'm thinking I'm coming back and I'm trying to decide, Touch Pro or Touch Pro 2. I thought about asking this in the Touch Pro forum but then I realized I want to know why YOU upgraded. Is there anything you found truly worthwhile or groundbreaking that made you upgrade? Keep in mind this is kind of a slight battle for you as I think I will miss the flash...it made a good flashlight and I'm afraid of the dark lol. Though I am also a gamer so feel free to get to me that way XD

EDIT: Also, if anyone would like to trade for my Moment, I'd be glad to trade. Just keep in mind the headphone port is going and there is some slight wear.

Oh and current ebay prices for Touch Pro ($100) and Touch Pro 2 ($200). Is it worth the jump in price?

Last edited by SNYPE2K9; 09-21-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: Flexi

k1ngk0ng is a n00b
Re: Going back to WinMo from Android (Samsung Moment) TP or TP2?

IMHO i prefer touch pro 2 becoz bigger screen, better resolution, noise cancelling, better keyboard, and better battery life
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngk0ng View Post
IMHO i prefer touch pro 2 becoz bigger screen, better resolution, noise cancelling, better keyboard, and better battery life
+ 1 on that. Absolutely worth the extra bucks.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:45 AM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

TP2, all the way.
I've had one since 9/09, and I've tried seven different phones during that time (WinMo @ Android)
Always come back to the TP2 (Sprint Lovers 6.5 21889)
Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

SNYPE2K9 is a n00b

is one community more active than the other? i see a lot more touch pro 2 videos on youtube, but i think that may be due to the fact that it is a newer device.

is there a noticeable performance difference? i have noticed that touch pro 2 gets better framerates in FPSECE so i know there has to be something going on with that different cpu model which brings better performance at the same clock speed. i have also seen an overclocked touch pro 2 almost keep up with an hd2 in FPSECE, which is crazy awesome. the original playstation has one of the best game libraries EVER. do you think an overclocked touch pro would perform similarly? are there any benchmarks comparing the two phones on an equal footing (i.e. same rom/apps/settings).

it's going to be the little performance things that will probably drive me to go for it.

btw those are the main reasons why i considered the touch pro 2 in the first place, but the loss of flash kinda makes it close (i really like having a flash light because it gets dark at like 4:30 in the winter here). plus there is just a sleekness with the touch pro 2 that the touch pro can't lay a finger on.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

well if you want more ram and a camera flash go with the TP. if you want an overall more reliable device go with the TP2 and also if you get a TP you will dive into the sea of problems it has and which is currently causing people to have it exchanged. what drove me crazy about my TP was that the battery would continue to run and die even though it was on the charger (overheating). i couldnt take it anymore back in may when i wwould be on the phone with my gf at the time and have to get off the phone because of it so i called up sprint and told them about the battery issue and they swapped it for a tp2 which i still have today.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:55 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

theres flashlight apps for the TP2 still.. it just makes your screen SUPER bright instead of the Cam Flash..

I have a TP2 and 3 TP1s still... and i use them all.. TP2 is by far superior to the TP1..

If you buy a TP1 youll need like atleast 2 extra batteries since even with moderate use you only get about 3-4hrs.. i get 12+ hrs out of my TP2 without fail..

get the TP2 for sure.. tons More support on here for TP2 also
Old 09-22-2010, 11:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

onree is just getting started

I also vastly prefer the TP2 over TP:

- Worldphone capability (I'm on Sprint)
- Much better keyboard
- Bigger and higher-res display
- Better speakerphone

I miss the d-pad though, even the very annoying one on the Touch Pro.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 PM
N00b

cktech71 is a n00b

I still laugh 12 hours on tp2 battery please stop lying that phone even on a good day may with out using it may give u 6 hours. I still think both the TP1 and TP2 both suck they both have major issues which even doing the most simplest thing like making a phone call difficult.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cktech71 View Post
I still laugh 12 hours on tp2 battery please stop lying that phone even on a good day may with out using it may give u 6 hours. I still think both the TP1 and TP2 both suck they both have major issues which even doing the most simplest thing like making a phone call difficult.
After I unlocked and installed a custom rom on my tp2 I didn't have any major issues. The calls on my tp2 were near perfect not to mention it had one of the best speakerphones of any phone. I recommend a custom rom to get the most out of your tp2. If wm didn't crash so much I would still be using it instead of android. Too bad wm7 isn't going to be cdma till 2011.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2