PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kporter1500 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
canceling outgoing text messages

So I sent a message that was supposed to go to somebody else but went to my boyfriend's mother instead because I move so fast through the phone and I didn't double-check my "to" list, and didn't realize until she texted me back. Thank God I wasn't cursing anyone out...point is, it still went out. Is there anyway I can cancel an outgoing text message BEFORE it gets sent out?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: canceling outgoing text messages

Do you think that you would have the time to get to the outgoing messaging and cancel it before it gets sent out? It would probably be better just to double check your "to" list.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:57 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

atleast it wasnt a raunchy pic lmao...

only thing you can do is catch it in the outbox - which you have not alot of time to do
Old 12-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

The only way I could think of at all would be to disable your radio as soon as you sent it. Otherwise, it's basically sent. Maybe longendkey airplane mode...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kporter1500 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
atleast it wasnt a raunchy pic lmao...

only thing you can do is catch it in the outbox - which you have not alot of time to do
exactly...it could've been worse right..
Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kporter1500 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Do you think that you would have the time to get to the outgoing messaging and cancel it before it gets sent out? It would probably be better just to double check your "to" list.
i guess that could work too..."cancel" button would come in handy though lol
Old 12-20-2010, 01:10 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kporter1500 View Post
i guess that could work too..."cancel" button would come in handy though lol
youd have about a good a chance at hitiing cancel as you could catching it in the outbox.. sms' send in a fraction of a second.. even a cancel button wouldnt help as it would probably send b4 you can hit menu>cancel
Old 12-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i remember on feature phones (those made by moto) had a cancel button in the sending message dialog but upon hitting it it was always too late, there is a way to cancel MMS' tho so no worries about accidently sexting bf mother.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2