PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

showstopper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lock Screen Issue...

Hi guys; I was wondering if there was a way to obtain the default WM6.5 lock screen on my phone without having to hard reset? I downloaded a lock screen and installed it, but I didn't like it so I uninstalled, and then soft reset my phone and then when I lock my phone, instead of the normal lock screen where the slider is in the middle on the top and the time shows at the bottom, its like the lock screen for WM6.1 (where you hit Unlock at the bottom left, and then tap Unlock in the middle of the screen, much like hitting *) Well anyway, I just want the normal, default WM6.5 lock screen back where when you get an SMS or something you can tap the slider and an SMS slider will pop up and you can slide that one and it takes you directly to your inbox, etc. Any ideas?? Thanks, =/

Last edited by showstopper; 12-20-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Lock Screen Issue...

TRY THIS if its not what u want u may need to hard reset sorry.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

There should be a settings option or a regedit to switch between the lock types (6.5 to 6.1). IIRC I had to do a regedit to show the option on the stock 6.5 Sprint ROM. If you get stuck PM me and I'll see if I can find it, but I'm, pretty sure I discovered it with a google search. It will show a tab on the lock control panel that lets you choose between "Windows Default" and "Windows Classic" locks.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

showstopper is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
TRY THIS if its not what u want u may need to hard reset sorry.
Im afraid it's not what i'm looking for, =/. thanks for the help though! I really do appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
There should be a settings option or a regedit to switch between the lock types (6.5 to 6.1). IIRC I had to do a regedit to show the option on the stock 6.5 Sprint ROM. If you get stuck PM me and I'll see if I can find it, but I'm, pretty sure I discovered it with a google search. It will show a tab on the lock control panel that lets you choose between "Windows Default" and "Windows Classic" locks.
I tried googling what you told me about but I can't seem to get anything definite; thanks for your advice though!!!

Thanks guys for your help/input. But I think the lock screen I installed replaced the original lock screen files of WM6.5 . I went ahead and checked the files and they appear to be replaced (the images for the slider are different--not the original bar with a lock in the middle) If any of you guys running stock WM6.5 with the lock screen I described in my OP, would you mind sending me a copy of your lockscreen files? It would not only be the files from the LockScreen folder in \Windows\LockScreen but also all the files (CPR and PNG images) entitled LS_LockScene for the CPR files and LS_LockSlider for the images that are in \Windows\. If you have the time and don't mind helping me out, that would be much appreciated! I would just like to try this to avoid having to do a hard reset. Thanks Again!!

***EDIT: Oh I would just like to clarify that the lockscreen I installed is a skin (One that I don't like unfortunately)

Last edited by showstopper; 12-20-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:49 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Not that I have any of these to give you, but...

You basically need to get copies of the CPR files and put them in the windows folder:
  • LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR
  • LS_LockScene_800x480.CPR
They you need to restore the following registry values:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions\Email
· FocusImage
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions\SMS
· FocusImage
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions\MissedCall
· FocusImage
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions\Voicemail
· FocusImage
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions
· Slider
· SliderFocus
· SliderNotif
· SliderNotifFocus

Hopefully you are wrong about the replacement of the image files.

If you were lucky enough to have installed a lockscreen with a custom DLL, all you will need to do is:

Code:
-- Emptying this value or deleting the entire key will turn
-- off any custome lockscreen you have
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\OEM]
"CustomUIDLL"=""

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 12-20-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

eww ¿ur running stock 6.5? id swap that one out as soon as possible. A hard reset really isnt as bad as u think especially with the advent of microsoft myphone,exchange and the very many backup programs out there. either keep all ur cabs on card or backup before u make such changes so that when u hard reset ur back up and running again in 10 mins to 2hours at the most. we all thought hard resets were bad when we were in ur stage.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

showstopper is a n00b

Thanks guys, for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Not that I have any of these to give you, but...

You basically need to get copies of the CPR files and put them in the windows folder:
  • LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR
  • LS_LockScene_800x480.CPR
They you need to restore the following registry values:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions\Email
· FocusImage
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions\SMS
· FocusImage
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions\MissedCall
· FocusImage
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions\Voicemail
· FocusImage
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Notificat ions
· Slider
· SliderFocus
· SliderNotif
· SliderNotifFocus

Hopefully you are wrong about the replacement of the image files.

If you were lucky enough to have installed a lockscreen with a custom DLL, all you will need to do is:

Code:
-- Emptying this value or deleting the entire key will turn
-- off any custome lockscreen you have
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\OEM]
"CustomUIDLL"=""
Well when I looked in my \Windows\ i took a look at the .png images and they werent what theyre supposed to be. But I understand what you advised me to do, I just don't know where i'll be able to get the files, =o .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
eww ¿ur running stock 6.5? id swap that one out as soon as possible. A hard reset really isnt as bad as u think especially with the advent of microsoft myphone,exchange and the very many backup programs out there. either keep all ur cabs on card or backup before u make such changes so that when u hard reset ur back up and running again in 10 mins to 2hours at the most. we all thought hard resets were bad when we were in ur stage.
Heh!! Yeah, for the meantime i'm running stock 6.5; I just got this phone a few weeks ago and I havent been able to look into flashing my phone yet because I was caught up with my last tests and finals (glad its over!!) And on the other hand, stock 6.5 seems to be fine for me, as I don't do much with my phone anyway... but i'm still looking into flashing. And I thought long and hard about a hard reset and I started prepping myself to do one and then I slept on it...

With that said, I think an alternate solution for me is to look around for a locksreen skin that I actually like, one that does the little SMS slider when I receive a text, etc. Hopefully I find something I like, and thanks again for all of your guys' help!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

OP, before you do anything else:

Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Lockscreen

set "ShowLockScreenPicker" to 1 (it will probably be zero)

Soft reset (NOT HARD RESET)

Then go to start - settings - all settings (if you're running TF3D, I think, I don't use it) - lock, and go to the third tab at the bottom. It will be "Display". Switch from "Windows Classic" to "Windows Default".

See if that fixes your issue.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
Thanks guys, for your help!

With that said, I think an alternate solution for me is to look around for a locksreen skin that I actually like, one that does the little SMS slider when I receive a text, etc. Hopefully I find something I like, and thanks again for all of your guys' help!
Just so you know, native windows moblile lockscreens only show the SMS slider (or other) when there is actually a notification. You might not be able to determine if that was implimented from a screen shot.

For example, my lockscreen does have a slider for that but you don't see it my screen shot. Not saying the design is for you at all; just trying to give you information to use as you look around.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...18-v1-1-a.html
Old 12-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

showstopper is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
OP, before you do anything else:

Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Lockscreen

set "ShowLockScreenPicker" to 1 (it will probably be zero)

Soft reset (NOT HARD RESET)

Then go to start - settings - all settings (if you're running TF3D, I think, I don't use it) - lock, and go to the third tab at the bottom. It will be "Display". Switch from "Windows Classic" to "Windows Default".

See if that fixes your issue.
Thanks for this bit of information. I would love to turn off TF3D but if I do i wont have the option of setting my ringer profile to automatic because stock 6.5 titanium doesnt have that (curse it!!!) so i'm putting up with it. Anyway, when i'm in the tab it's already selected Windows Default and yet I still get the press unlock at the bottom left and then tap unlock in the middle of the screen. I am pretty sure my original lockscreen files have been replaced (and deleted when I uninstalled) thus making it act like that. If only I had backed up my original lockscreen files i'd be set, but little did I know installing a skin would do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Just so you know, native windows moblile lockscreens only show the SMS slider (or other) when there is actually a notification. You might not be able to determine if that was implimented from a screen shot.

For example, my lockscreen does have a slider for that but you don't see it my screen shot. Not saying the design is for you at all; just trying to give you information to use as you look around.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...18-v1-1-a.html
Yes, I am aware of the SMS slider only coming up with i actually have a notification. The skin that i had installed didnt have a notification slider when I got a text or anything, just a number showed by the unlock image. And I actually took a look at your thread last night and I looked at where you got your inspiration and the NullEVo lockscreen seems to be the most fitting for me,

Thanks again guys for your help, you've seriously helped me dodge a hard reset by giving me options and advice. Hard resets just take too much time x_x

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2