PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Panic Attack lol MR. X ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138590)

VIVA rEVOLVEr 12-19-2010 03:06 PM

Panic Attack lol MR. X ROM

straight to the point stuck in mexico. and i dont have my computer. my touch pro two is crashing on me. it freezes every five seconds nothing is working right, and my data connection is gone, the task manager on the corner doesnt want to load.oh and the battery is dying quick.

im running the MR. X rom and i want to change that im just tired of it. iv never switched from rom to rom and just wated to be clear on how to do it so i dont screw up.

pim back up
save all cabs and junk
active synce and all that good stuff

then just unistall the rom through the programs???
or will installing another ROM just over write it????

and any suggestions on a flawless ROM?

darren.wlsn1 12-19-2010 03:21 PM

Re: Panic Attack lol MR. X ROM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIVA rEVOLVEr (Post 2016358)
straight to the point stuck in mexico. and i dont have my computer. my touch pro two is crashing on me. it freezes every five seconds nothing is working right, and my data connection is gone, the task manager on the corner doesnt want to load.oh and the battery is dying quick.

im running the MR. X rom and i want to change that im just tired of it. iv never switched from rom to rom and just wated to be clear on how to do it so i dont screw up.

pim back up
save all cabs and junk
active synce and all that good stuff

then just unistall the rom through the programs???
or will installing another ROM just over write it????

and any suggestions on a flawless ROM?

well with no pc you gonna need to sdcard flash but yes to the first part.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...2-sd-card.html

heres the thread with simple app to sdflash that works sweet.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/windows-mo...er-v1-1-a.html

eric12341 12-19-2010 03:32 PM

well its kind of difficult to flash any roms without a PC. especially if ur data connection isnt working (are u sure u have coverage in that part of mexico ur in?). for now just do a hard reset via clear storage which can be found under start>settings>system. but if u can get to a computer i'll recommend that u flash to the latest lead rom, and im also hearing that the userROM is pretty good too and u cant just flash from custom rom to custom rom so flash the stock 6.5 rom or task29 first. some good 6.1 roms u can also try are the stock rom + tweaks cab or the sprint basics rom. i dont recommend blackout rom since ur in mexico and that rom doesnt have a setting for spanish. de todos modos good luck hope my advice helps.

darren.wlsn1 12-19-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2016369)
well its kind of difficult to flash any roms without a PC. especially if ur data connection isnt working (are u sure u have coverage in that part of mexico ur in?). for now just do a hard reset via clear storage which can be found under start>settings>system. but if u can get to a computer i'll recommend that u flash to the latest lead rom, and im also hearing that the userROM is pretty good too and u cant just flash from custom rom to custom rom so flash the stock 6.5 rom or task29 first. some good 6.1 roms u can also try are the stock rom + tweaks cab or the sprint basics rom. i dont recommend blackout rom since ur in mexico and that rom doesnt have a setting for spanish. de todos modos good luck hope my advice helps.

its simple to flash with no pc, actually it easier than using a pc plus you can keep verity of roms on sd and flash while on the road on in mexico.

smileyface22 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2016369)

its simple to flash with no pc, actually it easier than using a pc plus you can keep verity of roms on sd and flash while on the road on in mexico.

Darren is right. I've never flashed via pc. SDcard flashing is simple and painless. As far as a ROM...Well i'm using Decks r11.5 rom. :mrgreen: You'll find one soon enough. :)

eric12341 12-19-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2016371)

yea but how is he gonna get the roms onto the SD Card especially since his data isnt working? he wont be able to unless he finds wifi.

smileyface22 12-19-2010 05:47 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

True.