PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uploading videos to youtube directly???

There is another thread but I know how people hate digging in the grave (its 1.5 years old)

anyway I got this wicked cool adapter. it converts SD to MSD not the normal way but IN REVERSE ie I can not plug my "full size" sd cards into my Touch Pro 2 MSD slot.

and it works GREAT

the idea is that while mobile in the field I can take video and pictures with my real camera plug the SD card into the phone and upload using the phone's data connection.

problem is the videos are not "directly" supported by the phone.

I thought I could just open the media uploader and pick any file I want. I can not do this there is no provision for adding files except to load into the PLAYER and then upload.

so how do I upload "anything i want" to youtube via my phone without using the built in media player?

IE say from file explorer?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:11 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Uploading videos to youtube directly???

doesnt youtube generate an address for you to send to?? like "username.xxxx@youtube.com ??? most upload intensive sites do.. (llike photobucket)... you can just upload/send like that

theres also several different versions of HTC ALbum, this is where/what the uploader comes from... an older version might have youtube in it..

edit - http://upload.youtube.com/my_videos_upload check the screen shot, click the circled link and it will show you your upload code... then just send via email and itll be in youtube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upload.youtube.com 2010-12-21 11-13.jpg (16.0 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-21-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

oh mine has album and it has youtube but I can not view a 200mb 720p mp4 in it so I can not upload to youtube since I need to see it myalbum to do that

also the address won't work for the same reason. typically e-mails over 10-20mb fail especially on a cell connection.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well, then youve answered your own question...

Album wont recongnize it, and its too big for email....

IE - your out of luck...

**curious, what version of album do you have? ive been trying to get the one with youtube in it for a bit... can you post the cab?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

your saying there is no way to get something into media uploader outside of album?

as for cab tell me what to extract and how if its not simple C&P
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
your saying there is no way to get something into media uploader outside of album?

as for cab tell me what to extract and how if its not simple C&P
YES! the media uploaders origin is within HTC Album... if album wont see the vid, you cant use the uploader lol...

EDIT - the android youtube app has an uploader built in i believe.. you can try xdandroid and the newer youtube apk and see if that allows it... youtube has a 2gig MAX on vids, so its not like your over the limit... but 200mbs uploaded from a phone is pretty hardcore... our uploads speeds arent that great to begin with, itd take an hour atleast to upload anyways... then, should you get a phone call while uploading - disconnected... youd haave to start all over...

its really no feasible to even want to upload a 200mb vid from your phone... its just overkill...... guess you shouldve bought one of the $90 mini vid cams that upload directly to youtube lol

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-21-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

you can goto the full youtube site in IE and upload it from there. i've tried it a few times and it worked well but i dont know how itll do with a 200mb file on 3G tho.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Nice. most of them are not that big. I would edit them down to clips in camera (high speed video etc..) so would be 10 to 100mb which is "doable" from a cell phone. First thing I do is disable the phone so a call does not interrupt. It would be nice to do it from the PHONE and not via wifi tether. should be faster and lower power consumption.

not a big deal but I was so excited when I got the MSD to SD adapter and the potential possibilities it opened up! I will have to try using the website and see how that works!

it would mostly be for the novelty of being able to post videos even closer to "live" than each night at an event and higher quality than the phone itself can manage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2