PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

marcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fully integrated youtube!!! Version2!!!! June 19th

If your like me one of the few features that I've been jealous of on the iphone and droids ( booo) is integrated youtube. When they receive a youtube link via text or email it opens up their youtube player. Not the web browsers.

It took a while for me to get it working right but now we have it too!!!!

Here are the features that I focused on
  1. Youtube links should be played in the high quality htc youtube player not some crappy RTSP link in the CORE player or streaming media player
  2. Youtube Links should not! open the web browser they should open up the youtube player.
  3. Our PPCs do not have much RAM or processor power to go around so this app should not use ANY!
  4. Our PPCs do not have much RAM or processor power to go around so this app should not use ANY!
  5. Our PPCs do not have much RAM or processor power to go around so this app should not use ANY!
I beleive I accomplished this, the youtubelinks app is not a system service that stays on all the time and sucks up performance and battery life. I wrote some of the code in c++ to keep it as small as possible. And as an added bonus the HTC youtube app runs in a special mode so that when the youtube video is finished it closes itself.

I hope you guys enjoy playing youtube videos as much I have. It's my code, so if there are any bugs report it and I can easily fix it.

Version 2 fixes
  1. Complete written in c++ should help with some net35 isssues.
  2. Fixed errors when opening non youtube website
  3. reduced file size
Lastly I ask that you do not! share the cab, instead to centralize things share the link to this thread.

If you found this app helpful, dont hesitate to hit the thank you button.

In the spirit of keeping freeware free, if you found this app to be really cool, show your appreciation by making a donation

Attached Files
File Type: cab YoutubeLinksCabv2.CAB (8.8 KB, 1498 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by marcvalme; 06-19-2010 at 01:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 96 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

marcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuff
Fully integrated youtube!!!!!

If your like me one of the few features that I've been jealous of on the iphone and droids ( booo) is integrated youtube. When they receive a youtube link via text or email it opens up their youtube player. Not the web browsers.

It took a while for me to get it working right but now we have it too!!!!

Check out my post

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125307
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Fully integrated youtube!!!!!

Very cool, I look forward to testing this out, good work!

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

How do you know this will work on a TP2? You show Imagio and the link takes you to the imagio thread...
Anyone with a TP2 try this successfully?
p.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
How do you know this will work on a TP2? You show Imagio and the link takes you to the imagio thread...
p.
i think you just volunteered yourself...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) 480x800; XV6975; Window Mobile 6.5 Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA
p.
the TP2 and the Imagio differ only in the keyboard, the specs are the same.

Regardless nothing in this app is Imagio specific and it should work on any windows mobile 6.5 phone ( probably even 6 ) , as long as the htc youtube player is installed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

I just tested this out, and can confirm that it works perfectly on my TP2. oened a link from an email, it launched the YouTube app, played the vid, then closed the app.

Well done! Thanks and thanked!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

I just tested this on my TP2 and can confirm that it woks perfectly. Props! thanks and thanked!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

I haven't tried it yet but thanked you anyways and I'm gonna install this later!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Cool. If I ever get a rom with youtube I will give it a try. I dl'd to stash away in my files. thanks a bunch.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2