PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv9000 verizon
Carrier: page plus

juniorseau55 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Few questions that I research but not fully answered

I just got a touch pro 2 phone that I will be fixing on my own and it is from US cellular. My technical expertise is pretty good and I have no issues with following information. I just have two questions.

1. Is the us cellular version of the touch pro 2 the same as the verizon, and the alltell one?
2. Will be replacing the digitizer for the US cellular touch pro 2 and I see two versions in ebay. T7373, and t7380. Which is the proper one I need to get for this one?
3. Is this phone by any chance a "world phone" or just a regular cdma only phone.

If you can include a link to a tutorial to unlock this phone i'll really appreciate it.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Few questions that I research but not fully answered

hspl link,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...w-hardspl.html
Old 12-17-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorseau55 View Post
I just got a touch pro 2 phone that I will be fixing on my own and it is from US cellular. My technical expertise is pretty good and I have no issues with following information. I just have two questions.

1. Is the us cellular version of the touch pro 2 the same as the verizon, and the alltell one?
2. Will be replacing the digitizer for the US cellular touch pro 2 and I see two versions in ebay. T7373, and t7380. Which is the proper one I need to get for this one?
3. Is this phone by any chance a "world phone" or just a regular cdma only phone.

If you can include a link to a tutorial to unlock this phone i'll really appreciate it.
1. The US Cellular (rhod400) is the same as the Sprint (rhod400) not the verizon (rhod500)

2. dont know sorry

3.yes it is world make shure that if you flash to a new rom that it is not cdma only
Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Warren beat me to it with the link, but in the CDMA upgrades forum, you'll also find threads for radio upgrades. Just make sure you use the CDMA unlocker, CDMA radios (you can use USCC, sprint, VZW) but if you use the wrong unlocker or wrong radio, you will then have a pretty paperweight. As far as the phone being the same as VZW/Alltel's, not sure what you mean. They are all CDMA, can use the same ROMs, radio, etc, but the kb may be different, buttons might be a little different. As far as digitizer, can't help you with that, although I'm sure others on here can assist. And I know Sprints is a world phone, I believe USCC is also but you need to find out from them how to unlock the SIM if you need to like you do for Sprint. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Warren beat me to it with the link, but in the CDMA upgrades forum, you'll also find threads for radio upgrades. Just make sure you use the CDMA unlocker, CDMA radios (you can use USCC, sprint, VZW) but if you use the wrong unlocker or wrong radio, you will then have a pretty paperweight. As far as the phone being the same as VZW/Alltel's, not sure what you mean. They are all CDMA, can use the same ROMs, radio, etc, but the kb may be different, buttons might be a little different. As far as digitizer, can't help you with that, although I'm sure others on here can assist. And I know Sprints is a world phone, I believe USCC is also but you need to find out from them how to unlock the SIM if you need to like you do for Sprint. Good luck.
see, im gonna kill drew!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv9000 verizon
Carrier: page plus
Threadstarter

juniorseau55 is a n00b

Honestly, I use page plus and I will be porting to this phone. I have to flash it to verizon then I will likely flash it to a custom rom. I know that with other types of phoens such as the xv6900, you have to be careful which radios you can upgrade this to.

What dangers can you experience when trying to upgrade radios and roms. I know that most stock roms have radios so if i were to flash a verizon stock rom there is a likelyhood that it has the radio as well. I just had those basic questiosn. I'll let my research dictate the rest of the process.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2