PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Few questions that I research but not fully answered (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138530)

juniorseau55 12-17-2010 06:41 PM

Few questions that I research but not fully answered

I just got a touch pro 2 phone that I will be fixing on my own and it is from US cellular. My technical expertise is pretty good and I have no issues with following information. I just have two questions.

1. Is the us cellular version of the touch pro 2 the same as the verizon, and the alltell one?
2. Will be replacing the digitizer for the US cellular touch pro 2 and I see two versions in ebay. T7373, and t7380. Which is the proper one I need to get for this one?
3. Is this phone by any chance a "world phone" or just a regular cdma only phone.

If you can include a link to a tutorial to unlock this phone i'll really appreciate it.

darren.wlsn1 12-17-2010 06:53 PM

Re: Few questions that I research but not fully answered

hspl link,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...w-hardspl.html

lioncat55 12-17-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juniorseau55 (Post 2015560)
I just got a touch pro 2 phone that I will be fixing on my own and it is from US cellular. My technical expertise is pretty good and I have no issues with following information. I just have two questions.

1. Is the us cellular version of the touch pro 2 the same as the verizon, and the alltell one?
2. Will be replacing the digitizer for the US cellular touch pro 2 and I see two versions in ebay. T7373, and t7380. Which is the proper one I need to get for this one?
3. Is this phone by any chance a "world phone" or just a regular cdma only phone.

If you can include a link to a tutorial to unlock this phone i'll really appreciate it.

1. The US Cellular (rhod400) is the same as the Sprint (rhod400) not the verizon (rhod500)

2. dont know sorry

3.yes it is world make shure that if you flash to a new rom that it is not cdma only

fishingmedic 12-17-2010 06:58 PM

Warren beat me to it with the link, but in the CDMA upgrades forum, you'll also find threads for radio upgrades. Just make sure you use the CDMA unlocker, CDMA radios (you can use USCC, sprint, VZW) but if you use the wrong unlocker or wrong radio, you will then have a pretty paperweight. As far as the phone being the same as VZW/Alltel's, not sure what you mean. They are all CDMA, can use the same ROMs, radio, etc, but the kb may be different, buttons might be a little different. As far as digitizer, can't help you with that, although I'm sure others on here can assist. And I know Sprints is a world phone, I believe USCC is also but you need to find out from them how to unlock the SIM if you need to like you do for Sprint. Good luck.

darren.wlsn1 12-17-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 2015579)
Warren beat me to it with the link, but in the CDMA upgrades forum, you'll also find threads for radio upgrades. Just make sure you use the CDMA unlocker, CDMA radios (you can use USCC, sprint, VZW) but if you use the wrong unlocker or wrong radio, you will then have a pretty paperweight. As far as the phone being the same as VZW/Alltel's, not sure what you mean. They are all CDMA, can use the same ROMs, radio, etc, but the kb may be different, buttons might be a little different. As far as digitizer, can't help you with that, although I'm sure others on here can assist. And I know Sprints is a world phone, I believe USCC is also but you need to find out from them how to unlock the SIM if you need to like you do for Sprint. Good luck.

see, im gonna kill drew!

juniorseau55 12-17-2010 07:57 PM

Honestly, I use page plus and I will be porting to this phone. I have to flash it to verizon then I will likely flash it to a custom rom. I know that with other types of phoens such as the xv6900, you have to be careful which radios you can upgrade this to.

What dangers can you experience when trying to upgrade radios and roms. I know that most stock roms have radios so if i were to flash a verizon stock rom there is a likelyhood that it has the radio as well. I just had those basic questiosn. I'll let my research dictate the rest of the process.