PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

TheKid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can someone please help my slow motion HTC TP2 by Sprint?

This is about the 6th replacement phone I went through with this model and I am sick. I will absolutely never by a windows based phone again. The first 3 were refurbished replacements because the GPS would not get a signal. The 4th one they sent I demanded it be a brand new one since the problem keeps occurring. This one had the same problem, so they sent me a 5th one that was refurbished which also had the same GPS problem. I demanded a brand new one, and finally on the 6th replacement, they got it right and it worked.
Now the problem I am having, which besides for the GPS on the other 5, is that every single one of them including this one runs slow and sluggish and is very annoying. No matter what program I open or close and so on, complete torture. This phone has a mind of it's own. You flip the keyboard out, it freezes up when it feels like. You hit search in google and the phone switches to phone book. It constantly seems like all the programs on this model trip over themselves. Everyone knows Sprint's customer service sucks and they would not give me a different phone after all these problems.
After searching around, I read that you can download a different software for this phone that makes it run great. Is this true? If so, can someone explain what might be different once installed, like what it looks like, would it change the way the phone operates? And most importantly, where do I get it?

Last edited by TheKid1; 12-17-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Can someone please help my slow motion HTC TP2 by Sprint?

It's called unlocking and installing a custom ROM.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
It's called unlocking and installing a custom ROM.
Ok can I have some directions as to going about doing that?

Last edited by TheKid1; 12-17-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

send me a pm and I will help get you on a custom rom. u should also try overclocking. also sprint will give you a different phone, thats how I got my sprint tp2 for $100
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

try first flashing the stock 6.1 rom, the stock 6.5 rom has known speed,stability,RAM and other issues. u can find it in the STOCK ROM COLLECTION thread in the CDMA TP2 Upgrades section of this forum, then after that goto the Cleanup thread and download the tweaks cab. this setup runs circles around most custom roms.

this is the stock 6.1 ROM

AND

this is the 6.1 tweaks cleanup cab

Last edited by eric12341; 12-17-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
try first flashing the stock 6.1 rom, the stock 6.5 rom has known speed,stability,RAM and other issues. u can find it in the STOCK ROM COLLECTION thread in the CDMA TP2 Upgrades section of this forum, then after that goto the Cleanup thread and download the tweaks cab. this setup runs circles around almost every custom rom.

Ok I found a list of them, but how do I know which one is the 6.1 ROM?

How does this setup compare to the Android Cab?

Last edited by TheKid1; 12-17-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i edited my above post with links to each, make sure to install the tweaks cab before u install anything else. and the android cab will give u access to android on the tp2 but not everything works yet. when ur done with this and are ready to flash a custom rom, ill recommend u try LEAD ROM its a very good custom rom and gives u a balance of eye candy and stability

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2