PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Why do iPhone text show up as MMS? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138305)

Q_Q 12-13-2010 11:01 AM

Why do iPhone text show up as MMS?

Noticed recently that the texts sent by my iPhone toting friends have been showing up as MMS on my TP2.

Has anyone also noticed this?

boredandtattooed 12-13-2010 11:36 AM

Re: Why do iPhone text show up as MMS?

are they long messages? or its every txt?

Q_Q 12-13-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2012660)
are they long messages? or its every txt?

Every text, it appears lately.

Not sure if it's a systems compatibility or user error.
I've never used an iPhone before so I am not sure what the GUI is like.

My sister has an ATT iPhone also & her text comes over normally on most occasions.
But my friends' are predominantly MMS. Weird.

shaggylive 12-13-2010 12:13 PM

my boss had an iphone 3 & 4 and I never got a mms when he txt'd. I'm guessing it's how your friend is sending the txt.

eric12341 12-13-2010 03:38 PM

never happend to me,just with long texts.

kern417 12-14-2010 12:36 AM

This just started happening to me. I broke my TP2 and in the meantime i've been using a blackberry, now my friends texts show up as MMS 90% of the time from an iphone 3gs. i've never seen this from my other friend that has an iPhone4 though...i think its off and on

eric12341 12-14-2010 12:54 AM

maybe its an AT$T thing. my ex who has AT$T doesnt even get my txts unless i send them as MMS. that carrier has too much problems vs how much ppl are paying them.

Talon Pro 12-14-2010 01:25 AM

This is funny, since iPhones users couldnt send MMS's for the longest time lol. maybe AT&T is making up for lost time?

boredandtattooed 12-14-2010 02:16 PM

idk the real answer here if its on every text... and i really dont have a good working knowledge of iPhones either.. i know noone with one..

I know that like with MetroPCS though, if you SEND a text above a certain number of characters it automatically turns it into a MMS message.... atleast thats how an ex's phone worked - i hated it because she always sent long messages lol..

but like i said if its happening on every message, then this probably isnt it..

you also need to factor in what the friend using to send the messages even... If its a 3rd party app(like iphone has 100s of) then it may be a client with enhanced messaging and/or theres just compatibility issues(maybe its a client more geared toward iPhone>iPhone users(like how android uses the Android Smilies but only Android users see them)... never know

lots of factors in here Id say, too many to just have a simple solution

shaggylive 12-15-2010 02:16 AM

I almost wonder if it could have something to do with the spectrum swap.
since I havnt' had time to read the white papers on it, i could be way off. idk..
back in the day ATT / gsm was the only one that could do voice and sms simultaneously.. maybe their just going to switch all that to lte.
could be as simple as server upgrades rerouting messages.